PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Games for windows mobile LIVE

Am I the only on wondering if microsoft wiill ever bring windows live gaming to thes new devices? Personally, with ms to soon exxpand on wiindows LIVE gaming, bringing a lot of the xbox live marketplace to it, why not bring arcade to mobile devices nnow that they're getting powerful enough? And for these devices to directly interact with the 360, would be awesome-sharing internet connection, media etc.

What do you all think?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Games for windows mobile LIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
Am I the only on wondering if microsoft wiill ever bring windows live gaming to thes new devices? Personally, with ms to soon exxpand on wiindows LIVE gaming, bringing a lot of the xbox live marketplace to it, why not bring arcade to mobile devices nnow that they're getting powerful enough? And for these devices to directly interact with the 360, would be awesome-sharing internet connection, media etc.

What do you all think?
I am a huge fan of xbox live and I think that would be great. As far as media though, you can already do so much with a 360 and a pc on the same network, and as far as internet sharing you can always use wmwifirouter. I still guess it would be pretty cool to have some sort of xboxlive app that has the same functionality as the console itself. Now the arcade to mobile gaming over xboxlive would be sweet but I can already see some sort of controller issue. These phones just aren't made for some of these fast gameplay type games.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think there's potential, microsoft could make a new controller that is a bit stripped down for the sake of size, but have an adjustable mount for the phones, mini usb attachment, etc...These phones are evidently powerful enough for n64 level games, they just need the input methods.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Yes I would love to see xbox live with gaming for windows live that would be sweet. I'm sure MS can work out some playable type of games with the touch pro and xbox live. Or at least able 2 go to xbox live via the touch pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its too bad latency for the EVDO network tends to be like 100-200ms. brings me back to the 56k days hahah, but with boatloads more bandwidth
Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Its too bad latency for the EVDO network tends to be like 100-200ms. brings me back to the 56k days hahah, but with boatloads more bandwidth
Actually from my experience latency isn't really that bad, I have played a few rounds of Halo3 and CoD4 using wmwifirouter on my mogul and it played surprisingly good. I was just bored and wanted to see how well it was going to work and it did.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Actually from my experience latency isn't really that bad, I have played a few rounds of Halo3 and CoD4 using wmwifirouter on my mogul and it played surprisingly good. I was just bored and wanted to see how well it was going to work and it did.

Yeah, I could swear I read somewhere that Sprint and Verizon's mobile broadband networks are fast enough for gaming-YABADABADOO!!

I really hope microsoft starts making interaction between windows mobile and xbox 360 a reality, especially when the Tegra 600 series by nVidia is released, those phones are significantly more powerful than the almighty iphone. There are some videos on youtube of them playing quake 3!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro