PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ugly

Am I the only one that wishes they would have released it solid black like the telus or overseas version? I think the chrome/gray/black is ugly. Is there anyway to purchase the telus version and activate it on sprint's network?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostars9 View Post
Am I the only one that wishes they would have released it solid black like the telus or overseas version? I think the chrome/gray/black is ugly. Is there anyway to purchase the telus version and activate it on sprint's network?
Yes you are. I was so curious what sprint was going to do about the look of the phone. Now looking at the recent videos of the pro I am very excited about how the phone looks and think it looks better than the gsm version.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Does Telus even have the Touch Pro?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Smile Re: Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Yes you are. I was so curious what sprint was going to do about the look of the phone. Now looking at the recent videos of the pro I am very excited about how the phone looks and think it looks better than the gsm version.
I'm with you I'm digging the chrome greyish blackish touch pro I seen! I want that color! Not the all black! Please sprint keep it like it is!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

no, telus dow not have the touch pro. at least not yet.

yes, i would have liked to see the orignal black with diamond back as well.

yes, i will still be getting the touch pro through sprint.

yes, i will bye a different back battery cover for it when one comes out.

yes, you can bye a different cdma device and activate it with sprint once the custom rom kitchens come out. it takes a little work but can be done.

cody
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

easy thing to do is when telus gets there version is to buy a black backplater....the black on chrome on black will be very very nice.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

i really wanted the faceted back cover, but the grey looks great, imo.

it made sense, though, that if they weren't going to give the diamond back cover to the Sprint Diamond that they wouldn't give it to the touch pro though...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death

the chrome is the best thing that ever happened to that phone. im so glad they have made the noticible "upgrades" hahaha
previous owned phones - Apache 6700, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, Nexus One - current phone in use : Nexus One
Old 09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
I dont think that i can talk to you ever again, i didnt think that i was gonna like the silver than i saw it, and i had to whipe myself. lol

Last edited by B18DelSolT; 09-12-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I don't think you're the only one that doesn't like the grey, but IMO the Diamond Burgundy-ish red is Horrible.

I actually like the grey and chrome a lot and am somewhat indifferent to Sprint changing it last minute to be Piano Black (like one poster had indicated on anotehr thread). If they keep it, I'll definitely like it a lot. If they change it, no big deal, but actually would prefer the grey with the chrome. It makes the phone stand out a little more, while at the same time not being a completely loud/obnoxious color.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro