PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to munnarg
No Touch Pro Pre-Ordering Allowed?

So I just got off the phone with a Corporate rep at Sprint, and he said that they won't be allowing any pre-ordering of the Touch Pro. It seems HTC told them not to, and that they will have enough to meet the demand. He also said that the finish on the phone is a piano black so the pics were slightly misleading with that slightly grayish look. It seems that the phone is supposed to be in stores on that date as well, so we might as well hit the stores instead of Tele Sales.

Not sure if anyone else posted this, so I apologize if this is a duplicate post.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTC™

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor
Re: No Touch Pro Pre-Ordering Allowed?

Sign up here to be notified once it’s available. Oct. 19 is the date I keep seeing. I will be there with a bat to knock someone unconcious should they get the skippy jones. Or I may just wait it out ... oh I'm so confused.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Thanks for the heads up but I was plan on buying it from the store on oct 19th anyway
Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Thanks for the heads up but I was plan on buying it from the store on oct 19th anyway
Is there a real benefit for buying the pro at the store? I really hate going to sprint stores in general, so I always pay my bill online and buy my phones over the phone with telesales or through the retention department.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Is there a real benefit for buying the pro at the store? I really hate going to sprint stores in general, so I always pay my bill online and buy my phones over the phone with telesales or through the retention department.
getting it immediately instead of having it overnighted to you would be the only benefit i see :-p
Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: No Touch Pro Pre-Ordering Allowed?

Quote:
I'm the same way sometimes but if there a chick in there n she thinks I'm cute = discounts or helping me find discounts. Waiving the fees to turn the phone on lil nick nack stuff like that so I won't mind going to pick this phone up from the store. Its only 1 store I go to anyway had a problem with the other store lying n just plain ole mean [Edited Due To Graphic Content] lol.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I'm the same way sometimes but if there a chick in there n she thinks I'm cute = discounts or helping me find discounts. Waiving the fees to turn the phone on lil nick nack stuff like that so I won't mind going to pick this phone up from the store. Its only 1 store I go to anyway had a problem with the other store lying n just plain ole mean [Edited Due To Graphic Content] lol.
Oh ok, I have tried so many times to get some kind of discount off the phone and I can never seem to get them to budge in the store, I can get what I want over the phone for the most part though with overnight shipping.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Exclamation Re: No Touch Pro Pre-Ordering Allowed?

Quote:
Oh ok, I have tried so many times to get some kind of discount off the phone and I can never seem to get them to budge in the store, I can get what I want over the phone for the most part though with overnight shipping.
I guess its all on who you get in the store. Had ppl who couldn't waive the fee to turning on a phone. Had ppl call up sprint and say hey go ahead and discount his phone he been with use for years and we really wanna keep this person happy so who knows when it comes to going to the sprint store. I think on this phone imma only get off 75 n that's it.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I'm ordering through the 3rd party rep assigned to the corporation I work with no matter what.

I'm kinda disappointed it won't be the grey. I like the grey, but piano black will work also.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

meanbastard is a n00b

Good topic, I was just thinking of this. I know when I bought my Mogul I got a phone upgrade discount and was able to put the balance on my Sprint account. I hope I can do the same with the Touch Pro......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro