PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro NEW release date. 10/29/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezguy04 View Post
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen!
I have been waiting for the pro for as long as I have known that it would be here and I hate to say it but the phone has been postponed to come out on 11/02/2008 as oppose to 10/19/2008. Now before you ask I will let you know I have found this out by going to my local sprint store directly (corporate)! I know what you are thinking here goes onther guy that heard it from a rep but wait! Don’t jump to conclusions! Here is what I have learned!

#1. I went in and ask about the diamond and sure enough they had one but the demo none in stock yet (amazing)!
#2. I asked if I could purchase but that was a no go because none in stock.
#3. Then it unfolded the sales rep advised me to wait b/c he has been eagerly waiting for the touch pro and was very informed as far as specs,color,size,ect(I played like I was clueless and let him sale me on the idea)
#4. He then advised me that his Regional Manager and HTC Product mangers came to there store and let them play with the Diamond and Pro!
#5. He then said that they advised him that the pro would be postponed b/c the Diamond is still not available in all markets and was postponed itself so the did the same to pro to smoothen the process.
#6. He advised me he got to play with pro and described, ECT and was told that the Phone would come out on Nov 2, all channels and 29th for telesales!
#7.ONce again he was honest with me and was very knowledgeable and let me play with the diamond while talking
#8 So I believe it’s obvious that it won’t be here the 19th as most stores still don’t even have the diamond!

I am now just going to wait for the 29th to get online/telesales for the pro!

Furthermore, my first impressions of diamond is wow how pretty, small, Gorgeous screen (wow), and the speed was smooth no lag and very nice looking phone!

My suggestion to you is go play with the diamond and get a idea of what coming when the pro comes I am excited and happy to say that I can no wait till the end of month knowing that the pro is coming at end of month!

Disclaimer: He did say the date could change but would not be sooner!
sorry for long post but to excited to hold back and also only time will tell but this all make sense to me!:Popcorn2:
Ya.. thats what my contact said too. He said on the 29th on TELESALES and it could change but as of yesterday it still stands. I will email tonight and see if its still good.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

LOL...This and other threads are really starting to get hilarious to me.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Here A just a Couple of the other phones shown at CTIA 2008

9:20:11 PM System Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com
9:20:12 PM System Session ID: 3733196
9:20:17 PM System Your questions are important to us, please stay online and we will be with you as soon as possible.
9:20:32 PM System When you place your order online shipping and activation fees are waived.
9:20:52 PM System Orders placed online are usually received in 2-4 days.
9:21:02 PM System Hasnija has joined this session!
9:21:02 PM System Connected with Hasnija
9:21:10 PM Hasnija Thank you for choosing Sprint Web Chat. My name is Hasnija. How may I assist you with your Sprint.com order today?
9:21:38 PM bob Hi how are you doing tonight?
9:22:02 PM Hasnija I am well, thank you. And yourself?
9:22:23 PM bob very well thanks, I wanted to know when will the Samsung Highnote be released?
9:22:57 PM bob or when would be available to Telesales?
9:23:32 PM Hasnija I apologize, that information has not been released yet.
9:24:10 PM bob Ok How about the Samsung Rant?
9:24:37 PM Hasnija The expected release date is 10/19/2008. That date can change at anytime.
9:25:51 PM bob Lastly How about The LG lotus?
9:27:08 PM Hasnija It is the same expected release date.
9:27:41 PM bob Thank You and have a nice night.

Bertha O' bot 2009 FIRST ROBOTS
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoul View Post
Well my phone crashed so i traded for the moto q which seemed like the only other phone to get... hated it so i just picked the diamond, phone unseen... beacuse the stores didn't have them.

So now i have 2 phones... the diamond i didnt bother activating because its too small to read...
Thanks for the helpful post.

You do realize that the Touch Pro and Touch Diamond are nearly identical, right? You won't like either of them.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: Pro Launch Dates are Correct the 19th

Hahaha...so many echats being posted. It's like deja-vu before the Diamond got released. Straight comedy!...LOL.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
LOL...This and other threads are really starting to get hilarious to me.
What's hilarious to me is that all this "new" info keeps popping up on here and SprintUsers.com...

and by new, I clearly mean news that is not 3 weeks old...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
What's hilarious to me is that all this "new" info keeps popping up on here and SprintUsers.com...

and by new, I clearly mean news that is not 3 weeks old...
Even more hilarious to me that all the people that "insisted" that sprint CS / echat reps had to know what they were talking about are now getting information from them about 11/2. The more and more it starts to get closer, I'm just waiting for the "What happened? Why was it delayed?..." type comments...LOL.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Hopefully they will spare us with those posts... I already have enough problems as it is... just reading them will cause my blood pressure to reach an unsafe level...

Kind of like when someone tries to prove to me that a "Mac" is "better" than a "PC."

PST, a "Mac" IS a personal-computer...

--just sayin'...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

9:25:17 PM System Ankit has joined this session!
9:25:17 PM System Connected with Ankit
9:25:10 PM Ankit Thank you for choosing Sprint Web Chat. My name is Ankit. How may I assist you with your Sprint.com order today?
9:25:38 PM James whoa dude, your name is ankit too?
9:26:17 PM Ankit My name is Ankit.
9:26:27 PM James yeah, i know.. i mean your name is the same as mine. my name is also ankit. your name is my name too.
9:26:57 PM Ankit But it says your name is James
9:27:32 PM James we're like names twins or something, thats crazy right!? meeting on the internet like this i mean what are the chances?
9:28:10 PM Ankit I don't know.
9:28:37 PM James well i do.. pretty damn slim. its ultra badass. so what do you do man? do you like tacos?
9:29:51 PM Ankit Sometimes.
9:30:08 PM James man i love tacos. i could eat like, twenty of those things at once. im hungry as hell, did you eat yet?
9:30:41 PM Ankit I have.
9:31:13 PM James well... i have NOT. i need to get some TACOOOOS in me, know what im sayin?
9:31:37 PM Ankit What can I help you with today?
9:31:49 PM James dude, you made me so hungry i forgot what i was going to ask you. keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started
Re: Touch Pro NEW release date. 10/29/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by heberman View Post
I was seriously considering returning my Diamond for the Pro before my Nov 2 deadline (30 days after my Diamond order). But with Juicy's cooked ROM on the Diamond, there is no way I'm exchanging it for the Pro. The cooked version of the Diamond is sweet.
No offense, but software updates simply can't compare to a change in hardware. All the enhancements that you get from a cooked Diamond rom will be available in some form on the Pro.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro