PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro...Another dissapointment???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaOd View Post
The Engadget preliminary review of the Diamond (I know different phone but they are similar) gave me some concern:

"Talking about user input for a moment, we were bothered with just a hint of lag throughout the system, which made tapping on things and entering text vaguely frustrating. It's possible that HTC could fine-tune this with a future firmware release, but we're guessing that TouchFLO 3D combined with the high resolution are pushing that 528MHz Qualcomm core to its hairy edge."

This is with WM6.1.
Windows Mobile, laggy?

If the Diamond/Pro really have some form of hardware video acceleration, then theoretically the graphics chip would be handling all that extra work that the VGA screen requires.

What they call "the hairy edge" because of "a hint of lag" noticed in the system, I call WM in general. Hopefully Windows CE6/WM7 improves on overall device responsiveness.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Yeah, they went far beyond what current iterations of WM needs. 128MB would have been more than enough, 256 is really a waste. I'm assuming we'll need it for WinMo7 though.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Vista runs fine on 2GB, not sure why you guys seem to think otherwise.

As for the Touch Pro, it's 256MB or RAM. That's a HUGE improvement. it will be fine. You could technically run XP on the damn thing.
First of all, Vista NEVER runs "fine". It may, however, function within your expectations.

Second, it's at least 256MB of RAM... the specs I've seen are 288MB, although I do suspect some of that will be "reserved" either for the OS or graphics. Regardless, you're absolutely right that it should run just fine, especially since it's pretty much double what every other phone available now or in the near future has.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

paravis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
First of all, Vista NEVER runs "fine". It may, however, function within your expectations.

Second, it's at least 256MB of RAM... the specs I've seen are 288MB, although I do suspect some of that will be "reserved" either for the OS or graphics. Regardless, you're absolutely right that it should run just fine, especially since it's pretty much double what every other phone available now or in the near future has.
My vista x64 machine, 99% of the time, runs excellent. Excellent >>> fine. It's easily the best Windows iteration to date. Contrary to what many people think, it's outselling XP, at the equivalent point in its lifetime.

Besides... to me, "fine", means roughly "within expectations".
Old 06-22-2008, 04:11 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Your experience with Vista is quite the contrary to most, including my own. My laptop came with Vista Ultimate and its given me more trouble than even XP did when it first came out. I've had it lock up, had the entire OS crash massively twice, and I've had driver issues and random slowdowns... And I've only had the damn thing since February!

Anyway, I'm really excited about the Touch Pro. It WILL be my next device... no matter who ends up carrying it. I'm hopeful that the Sprint rumors are true... but I'm not holding my breath.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 06-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Mogul is a great phone, i've always thought so, it just lacked the needed memory for using several applications at once. The TP will change this and I have no doubt it will be worlds better.... Just make sure you get your Ebay auction up early because the Moguls stock will be in the dumper once the TP is released.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Your experience with Vista is quite the contrary to most, including my own. My laptop came with Vista Ultimate and its given me more trouble than even XP did when it first came out. I've had it lock up, had the entire OS crash massively twice, and I've had driver issues and random slowdowns... And I've only had the damn thing since February!

Anyway, I'm really excited about the Touch Pro. It WILL be my next device... no matter who ends up carrying it. I'm hopeful that the Sprint rumors are true... but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah well, don't assume your issues apply to everyone. My Vista machine runs perfect, and has since they day I got it.

Last edited by Existentialism; 06-25-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
My Vista machine runs perfect, and has since they day I got it.
Mine too. I actually really like Vista. Going back to XP feels like the stone ages.

Last edited by bedoig; 06-24-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

My contract with Alltel isn't up for about a year so I have to wait until then. Hopefully Verizon buys out Alltel and screws with my plan so I can opt out of my contract with no fee. Cause I really want this phone!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordevil95 View Post
My contract with Alltel isn't up for about a year so I have to wait until then. Hopefully Verizon buys out Alltel and screws with my plan so I can opt out of my contract with no fee. Cause I really want this phone!
I have Alltel and am hoping for the same thing. I actually had Midwest Wireless and when Alltel bought them out less than a year ago, the changes they made to my plan allowed me to opt out of my current contract and upgrade to my 6800

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro