PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Raphael = HTC Touch Pro

http://www.htctouchpro.com
Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

This might be kinda stupid idea, but I think all the Sprint loyalist, and highend users should send an email to the new CEO, since he does freely give it out, and let him know that we all intened to replace our Mogul with the PRO and what we want done or not done with the PRO, such as leave the specs alone, increasr if needed, but not a decrease.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
This might be kinda stupid idea, but I think all the Sprint loyalist, and highend users should send an email to the new CEO, since he does freely give it out, and let him know that we all intened to replace our Mogul with the PRO and what we want done or not done with the PRO, such as leave the specs alone, increasr if needed, but not a decrease.
Specs are not up to him, the device is made by HTC
Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

[quote=ghettofreeryder;304726]Specs are not up to him, the device is made by HTC[/quote

The specs are gonna be the same for every carrier thats carries the phone.....the only thing that will change is the way the phone looks and the features that each carrier want's to offer with the phone

Last edited by Young_breedent; 06-04-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

My big question is. Does that interface replace the WinMo one? Because i have my winmo one just how I like it, and I'd rather not use theirs considering I paid for all these SPB programs. Is that interface like touchflo? Meaning I bring it up? Or does it replace the WinMo today screen?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
My big question is. Does that interface replace the WinMo one? Because i have my winmo one just how I like it, and I'd rather not use theirs considering I paid for all these SPB programs. Is that interface like touchflo? Meaning I bring it up? Or does it replace the WinMo today screen?
It doesn't replace Windows Mobile it actually just runs ontop of Windows Mobile....and i don't know if you have the option to just run windows mobile as is thats a good question......but i actually like the 3D touchflo UI better than windows mobile and im sure the fine people over here and at XDA will figure out how to customize it to your liking
Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

marchande is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post

its going to be a windows mobil device.. so all your sb applications shoudl work on it with no problems.. as for their interface.. its still windows mobil.. just a skin/today plugin that they are using similar to the cube.. and the plethera of other today screens like ultimate launcher.. and spb's today plugin/replacement. so I woudlnt worry about not being able to use your curent aplications on it..... not yet any way.. as with every hardware/software transition there may be some apps that have a few glitches.. wich in most cases will be addressed by the individual software places... or... the wonderfull people here on the boards ..
Old 06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

[QUOTE=Young_breedent;304732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Specs are not up to him, the device is made by HTC[/quote

The specs are gonna be the same for every carrier thats carries the phone.....the only thing that will change is the way the phone looks and the features that each carrier want's to offer with the phone
That's not entirely true, actually. Again, the TyTn II had its front camera removed for the AT&T version, and frequently entire chips, amounts of RAM, and other specifics have been changed on different models of phone when brought to specific carriers. Heck, the T-Mobile version of the phone that was unveiled last week had "only" 256MB of RAM instead of the 288 of the new one. Each carrier actually DOES have some leeway into some of the hardware for market and cost reasons.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Yeah, that sounds good. As long as I can minimize their interface, I'll be 100% happy.

Also, I'd be ok if they remove the front facing camera, but that's the limit. If they remove or change anything else, I'll be VERY angry. Especially the TV out port.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Young-E

[quote=TurboFool;304796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post

That's not entirely true, actually. Again, the TyTn II had its front camera removed for the AT&T version, and frequently entire chips, amounts of RAM, and other specifics have been changed on different models of phone when brought to specific carriers. Heck, the T-Mobile version of the phone that was unveiled last week had "only" 256MB of RAM instead of the 288 of the new one. Each carrier actually DOES have some leeway into some of the hardware for market and cost reasons.
Thats actually half way true the T-mobile version they unveiled was the Htc Diamond not the Htc Touch Pro and thats why it only had 256mb of ram and not 288mb....and I know they showed specs for the "T-Mobile MDA Vario IV" as they call it.....but i believe they just copied the specs from the diamond and just added the camera and keyboard info, because even on the htc website it says 256mb for the touch diamond and 288mb for the touch pro and they are who manufacture the phone so im pretty sure they know there stuff....and as far as the camera goes, they take that off of the US versions because it's for video calling and we all know that no carrier in the US supports that feature as of right now so thats makes the front camera useless

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro