PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

krisj911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I bypass the align screen on touch pro?

My Touch Pro screen stoped working correctly, it would not align and on the right side is not working right the screen, I think the screen went bad.

I tryed to hard reset (hoping it will work again), nothing. I tryed to clear the memory, thinking maybe a program is messing up the screen. But now can not get past the align screen. Is there a way to by pass it, until i get a new phone????

Thanks in advance
Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: How can I bypass the align screen on touch pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisj911 View Post
My Touch Pro screen stoped working correctly, it would not align and on the right side is not working right the screen, I think the screen went bad.

I tryed to hard reset (hoping it will work again), nothing. I tryed to clear the memory, thinking maybe a program is messing up the screen. But now can not get past the align screen. Is there a way to by pass it, until i get a new phone????

Thanks in advance
The phone will be completely useless without a functional touch screen... so I don't see what this will gain you.

I've heard that the digitizer can separate from the screen (or something to this effect, maybe it was dust/debris between screen/digitizer) and it will cause issues. Is there anything wedged between these two things? Make sure there isn't.

IIRC, EnergyROM doesn't calibrate... Perhaps flash that ROM?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

there is nothing wedged, it is nice and clear. I know that the phone is no good anymore, but i just need to use it for some time until i am able to get a diff. phone. Is there a way to bypass the align screen??
Old 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisj911 View Post
there is nothing wedged, it is nice and clear. I know that the phone is no good anymore, but i just need to use it for some time until i am able to get a diff. phone. Is there a way to bypass the align screen??
Did you bother reading the rest of my post!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
IIRC, EnergyROM doesn't calibrate... Perhaps flash that ROM?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Did you bother reading the rest of my post!?!?!?

I did read it, I reset it with raphael, but it goes to the welcome page and then to the align screen page; and align screen page is where i can not get past, but i am trying the EnergyROM to see what will happen. Worth a shot, right?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krisj911 is a n00b

i went to Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6850 to istall a new software

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro