PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to rezn
R.I.P Touch Pro

Good bye and good riddance! Before I say my final farewell, I want to give a big thanks to all of the awesome chefs and peeps who helped make this piece of garbage a better piece of garbage than it was originally. I went through 4 Pro's because of the constant mechanical breakdowns and issues. I will not miss that phone.The EVO by far meets and exceeds all my expectations of a modern phone. ADIOS TOUCH PRO and WM!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: R.I.P Touch Pro

enjoy your evo!

i wonder what everyone will be doing with their tp's now...
Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work

I'm stuck on mine for a few more months....
Old 06-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I have the WIFI's
Threadstarter

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
Ouch. It was hard for me to just wait for the launch date.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have to wait until october to get mine..

On the up side, hopefully some of the battery life issues should be fixed by then. My friend's Evo only gets like 5-6 hours
Old 06-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pacosuave is a n00b

If you bought the Touch Pro right when it came out like I did your 2 year contract should end around Oct 25th but...your full upgrade eligibility could be as early as August so you might be able to get your EVO earlier than you think

Take care Rezn and enjoy your new EVO
Old 06-06-2010, 04:36 PM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosuave View Post
If you bought the Touch Pro right when it came out like I did your 2 year contract should end around Oct 25th but...your full upgrade eligibility could be as early as August so you might be able to get your EVO earlier than you think

Take care Rezn and enjoy your new EVO
My contract is up in december and eligibility is up Oct 10th. I have the alarm set on my Touch Pro
Old 06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Went in to late, sat evening and sprint was all out. When I get the call monday or tues, it will be an add-a-line, and will swap my # so I get the upgrade. My kid or wife can have the pro (4th one) as they are not as tech inclined as I and it would be a milestone for them to even figure out half of the phone.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I have the WIFI's
Threadstarter

I think the Touch Pro should have had a product recall and a free upgrade to the TP2 or another phone of equal value given. I would be interested to also know the amount of TP users that bought the phone when it first came out, that haven't upgraded to something else on their own, who actually still have the original in working condition. I was not hard on my phone, but they always crapped out on me.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

tank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
I think the Touch Pro should have had a product recall and a free upgrade to the TP2 or another phone of equal value given. I would be interested to also know the amount of TP users that bought the phone when it first came out, that haven't upgraded to something else on their own, who actually still have the original in working condition. I was not hard on my phone, but they always crapped out on me.
Still have mine and it has always worked for me even with the constant flashing to keep my ROM up to date

I could really use another one for ROM testing if anyone is interested in giving one up to a chef

I still will be using mine for another 10 months before I have to pick a new carrier, att bought out alltel in my area (they still havn't anounced when the take over is official) and when contracts are up you have to sign up for att or verizon as they will be the only two choices

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro