PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

AmeiseMike is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel to Sprint Conversion

All right, assuming that I can get Sprint to accept a foreign ESN, what steps must I take with a Touch Pro from Alltel to make it work properly on the Sprint network...

Alternatively, is there a way I get get it to activate with Sprint without dealing with Customer Care?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Alltel to Sprint Conversion

won't happen. if the esn is not in their system, they will not allow you to activate it.

if you could, you SHOULD be able to flash a stock sprint rom, then program the phone via ##data# or whatever the phone code is.

you can do it without customer care using their online activation but seeing as it won't recognize the esn, you can def. count that one out.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

AmeiseMike is a n00b

I've seen it done before, though.. I work as a Sprint reseller, and have customers with third-party phones activated under Sprint.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

interesting i have read that sprint will not allow it.

have you seen this with the same phone model/typesb (ie. verizon touch pro on sprint) or with different phones altogether (ie. verizon phone that sprint does not support on sprint network)?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeiseMike View Post
I've seen it done before, though.. I work as a Sprint reseller, and have customers with third-party phones activated under Sprint.
then they did it illegally. sprint has stood by there closed network and all the time i have been messing with cell phones i know NO ONE that has done it legally.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint BlackBerry 8330 on Boost Mobile w/ Full BIS
Carrier: Boost Mobile/Sprint

SilverSpoonCells is a n00b

Yes I have done it numerous times for HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Mogul and Touch on Sprint.
It must be a CDMA Device the carrier doesn't matter.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It can be done but it won't be easy. You may need to argue and take some time. But if you get the right person at Sprint they can do it.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

and we're talking from different carriers right? not just from an mvno?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspooncells View Post
Yes I have done it numerous times for HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Mogul and Touch on Sprint.
It must be a CDMA Device the carrier doesn't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
It can be done but it won't be easy. You may need to argue and take some time. But if you get the right person at Sprint they can do it.
thats news to me. you would be the only two that i know of from several phone sites that have had a phone moved legally to the sprint network.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

jdmm72 is a n00b

Legally is the wrong word. There would be NOTHING ILLEGAL about moving a CDMA phone to another service provider. There would be now LAW broken. It would only be Sprint policy broken, since their stance is not to do it.

In fact, why can't it be done? What is the downside? You can do it with GSM, why not CDMA, only because the companies want you to buy a new phone, lock in a new contract, and be there customer exclusively.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro