PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Easier phone to put on Verizon
Alltel 3 37.50%
Sprint 1 12.50%
Are you stupid? Verizon doesn't activate non-Verizon phones anymore! 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Easier phone to put on Verizon - Alltel or Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
They can't be sued for allowing another carrier phone.
it wouldnt happen, but obsolutely could happen... carriers have independent licensing for patents... Sprint might be licensed for a piece of software and Verizon who activates may not be... now theyre allowing a device on their network that they may or may not have licensing for the software on... far stretch i know and not worth it, but if VZW had say 10,000 sprint devices running on their network and Sprint caught on, by all means they could do something about it...

itll all change eventually.. there was legislation awhile back that said when our contracts end, its unfair to consumer rights, not to be able to unlock the device and take it to another carrier.. because once our contract is over, WEVE fulfilled our terms and shouldnt have to be locked to that carrier still just because of the handset.............. this kinda lead to the fight of carrier exclusivity right to affect consumer rights/choice thats going on now... if carrier dont have exlcusivity rights, its make it easier to take devices from cdma carrier to cdma carrier and same with gsm..

just a thought
Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Alltel on Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

rotaryboots is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Easier phone to put on Verizon - Alltel or Sprint?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but decided to add to one instead of making another and here's proof that I searched haha

I'm on verizon and I just bought an alltel TP because of it being a Raphael 800 instead of the crippled 500 Also bought a parts Verizon TP for its ESN. The next part of what I'm going to do to this story I'm not going to say because its against the rules to discuss such matters.
So I would have now a Verizon ESN Raphael 800... like they should have made it (non crippled and a very powerful TP).

Would it be as simple as just taking all the epst parameters out of my XV6800/Tytn/Mogul ect which is currently my main phone I'm using now and on verizon, and copying them to the touch pro I have like the mdn, msid, min, (nam settings) and then doing a *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2? I'll be using a custom rom, Mighty Rom 6 because its got good ratings and what not. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
alltel, flash, sprint, touch pro, verizon