PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

inmnbob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's next from sprint for us tp users?

I am wondering what the next Windows phone is going to be from Sprint to replace the Touch Pro and was checking to see what you all think.

Obviously Sprint is going to want a Win7 device with 4g.

I have
O had the TP for almost two years and it is great and still cements all my needs but I am getting itchy for a new toy.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor
Re: What's next from sprint for us tp users?

Well, the Touch Pro 2 already replaced the TP. And, there are rumors about a TP3 coming.

But, who the heck knows what the lineup of actual Windows Phone 7 devices will be.

For me, I'm heading to the Android EVO 4G once it's out this Summer!!
(PDA/Phone History (some of the names/models might be off due to my aging memory): Casio BOSS, Sharp Pocket Organizer, Palm IIIe, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3i, Dell X50v, Cingular 8125, Palm 700Wx, Palm 700p, Sprint Mogul, Palm 800w, Sprint Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, LG Optimus S (wife's) and HTC EVO 4G)
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
Well, the Touch Pro 2 already replaced the TP. And, there are rumors about a TP3 coming.

But, who the heck knows what the lineup of actual Windows Phone 7 devices will be.

For me, I'm heading to the Android EVO 4G once it's out this Summer!!
I hate to say it here on a touch pro forum (love my touch pro by the way) but im also going with the Evo once its released. I woulda stuck with WM if the HD2 came to sprint, but we werent that lucky I have nothing but good things to say about WM and I always will, but the EVO is just too nice of a phone (i hope) to pass up.
dschoenike

Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd like to go with the EVO also, but I can't afford to give up my $30/month SERO plan, which only works with Windows Mobile phones.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I'd like to go with the EVO also, but I can't afford to give up my $30/month SERO plan, which only works with Windows Mobile phones.
Dang. u have like a whole one phone to choose from...you might have to give it up anyway unless another winmo phone hits the market.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO (RAPH800)
Carrier: Sprint The "NOW" Network

mysticaldreams is a n00b

I am just wondering if the Touch Pro model was so bad that HTC dropped the product after only two years http://www.htc.com I haven't found the Touch Pro listed on Sprint or At&t either. Well this solves the debate that the Touch Pro will never get an official update to Windows 6.5. or any additional updates or releases for that matter.

I am just curious will they eventually drop support for a phone they no longer sell through carriers or individually. The Touch Pro has was once a beloved and coveted and know it is looked at as some cheap Wh*re no body wants to recognize.

Radio: 1.12.34F (Sprint)
PRL:60654 PRI:1.47
Rom:Calkulins v4.2 WWE WM 6.5.x Build 23506
Plan: 450 ED, NW @ 6, TEP, 20% Discount,
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I hate to say it here on a touch pro forum (love my touch pro by the way) but im also going with the Evo once its released. I woulda stuck with WM if the HD2 came to sprint, but we werent that lucky I have nothing but good things to say about WM and I always will, but the EVO is just too nice of a phone (i hope) to pass up.
dschoenike
my girl is getting me an HD2, I should have it monday, if you lot want a review of it let me know.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
my girl is getting me an HD2, I should have it monday, if you lot want a review of it let me know.
Sure, id love to read a "real world" review of that phone. Thanks
dschoenike
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaldreams View Post
I am just wondering if the Touch Pro model was so bad that HTC dropped the product after only two years http://www.htc.com I haven't found the Touch Pro listed on Sprint or At&t either. Well this solves the debate that the Touch Pro will never get an official update to Windows 6.5. or any additional updates or releases for that matter.

I am just curious will they eventually drop support for a phone they no longer sell through carriers or individually. The Touch Pro has was once a beloved and coveted and know it is looked at as some cheap Wh*re no body wants to recognize.
support still found here, same as i posted in your thread.

http://www.htc.com/ca/support/touch-pro-sprint/help/

as to OP, I would have to say the next was the TP2... I'm currently using a hero tbh, it is pretty neat and amazing, but gets a bit boring honestly lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Sure, id love to read a "real world" review of that phone. Thanks
dschoenike
Alright, the reason I brought it up is because I've owned every variation of touch pro made beside the HTC fuze, and I currently have a touch pro 2, so it wouldn't be like OMG IT HAS MULTITOUCH and things like that lol. Plus I have pretty much used all the newer HTC's from the diamond up to the imagio

And thanks for the opportunity.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro