PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's next from sprint for us tp users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
Alright, the reason I brought it up is because I've owned every variation of touch pro made beside the HTC fuze, and I currently have a touch pro 2, so it wouldn't be like OMG IT HAS MULTITOUCH and things like that lol. Plus I have pretty much used all the newer HTC's from the diamond up to the imagio

And thanks for the opportunity.
Thats why I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it. I went from the Apache to the Mogul and now my Touch Pro. Be nice to hear how it compares to what you have used before.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pacosuave is a n00b

I bought a Touch Pro the day it came out and my contract isn't up until Oct 2010. I want the HTC EVO 4G which is supposed to come out Summer 2010.

Are people just paying out of pocket to get these new devices? Like I said I bought my TP asap. How are people willing to upgrade to the TP2 and Hero? I can't understand paying so much for meager upgrades...the TP2 has an older CPU than the TP1 lol...
Old 04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosuave View Post
I bought a Touch Pro the day it came out and my contract isn't up until Oct 2010. I want the HTC EVO 4G which is supposed to come out Summer 2010.

Are people just paying out of pocket to get these new devices? Like I said I bought my TP asap. How are people willing to upgrade to the TP2 and Hero? I can't understand paying so much for meager upgrades...the TP2 has an older CPU than the TP1 lol...
Although this may not be the same circumstance as you, I rely on my phone heavily for business, so paying the out of pocket to get a phone like a tp2, which by the way, is a huge upgrade in smoothness and reliability when compared to a touch pro, and battery life as well, is well worth the extra money. But like I said, I may not have the same situation as you, so you may not see it the same way I do.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor

I don't know if you guys on Sprint tried the current Android devices- Hero and Moment. Android 1.5 currently is so boring. For many of us custom ROM users (Me=Energy 3/30 build) Android 1.5 is a huge step backwards. I returned both within a week of the 30 day trial.

I say this because I hope the new Sprint EVO has an Android OS that is close to what we custom ROM users expect. Once the new car smell goes away and you can't tweak you may be back to WM (which Microsoft is expecting). The Android App store and all the hype hooked me on the Hero and Moment but not enough to keep me.

Question- Banner Ad of the Sprint Evo mentions TWO camera's. Why?
Old 04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
I don't know if you guys on Sprint tried the current Android devices- Hero and Moment. Android 1.5 currently is so boring. For many of us custom ROM users (Me=Energy 3/30 build) Android 1.5 is a huge step backwards. I returned both within a week of the 30 day trial.

I say this because I hope the new Sprint EVO has an Android OS that is close to what we custom ROM users expect. Once the new car smell goes away and you can't tweak you may be back to WM (which Microsoft is expecting). The Android App store and all the hype hooked me on the Hero and Moment but not enough to keep me.

For some reason I think I remember reading something about two cameras needed for video calls?... something along those lines I think.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

8MP for regular cam, and the other for video conference/calling.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor

Ok, thanks. It also HDMI output which is cool. Again the features are sweet but if the OS boring like Android 1.5 is then I'll be back to WinMo 6.5.5 custom ROM in a flash. I am so tired of all the hype of these device only being disappointed by the lack of tweaking.

1. BlackBerry OS- Great for pushmail and texting then boring. BB Marketplace is expensive and weak.

2. iPhone- I bought into the hype then switch back quickly. The iPhone cost me 44% higher a month and I just couldn't type without a physical keyboard. Gotta give me more than App's.

3. Android 1.5- Again bought into the hype. It's so boring I returned both device after 5 days. If there was no Android App store I would have left in 2 days.

4. WebOS- Are you kidding me? Palm, the Pre and Pixi is the best you got? I guess the World agreed, Palm is dead.

Give me a ton of options by the great minds of members on this forum and XDA any day. It's never dull.

Will the Spint EVO have people waiting in line at stores like the iPhone and G1 did? Sprint has always been bad about hyping phones. AT&T had commercials 4 months before the iPhone release as did T-Mobile with the G1.

We will see.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sprint and HTC said the Evo would ship with 2.1 and the Sense UI. And once the phone is rooted you will be able to flash custom builds just like you can now with the TP.

What I hope is that we will be able to disable the Sense UI on the Evo, since it usually forces the phone to lag behind the bleeding edge android builds.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Ok, thanks. It also HDMI output which is cool. Again the features are sweet but if the OS boring like Android 1.5 is then I'll be back to WinMo 6.5.5 custom ROM in a flash. I am so tired of all the hype of these device only being disappointed by the lack of tweaking.

1. BlackBerry OS- Great for pushmail and texting then boring. BB Marketplace is expensive and weak.

2. iPhone- I bought into the hype then switch back quickly. The iPhone cost me 44% higher a month and I just couldn't type without a physical keyboard. Gotta give me more than App's.

3. Android 1.5- Again bought into the hype. It's so boring I returned both device after 5 days. If there was no Android App store I would have left in 2 days.

4. WebOS- Are you kidding me? Palm, the Pre and Pixi is the best you got? I guess the World agreed, Palm is dead.

Give me a ton of options by the great minds of members on this forum and XDA any day. It's never dull.

Will the Spint EVO have people waiting in line at stores like the iPhone and G1 did? Sprint has always been bad about hyping phones. AT&T had commercials 4 months before the iPhone release as did T-Mobile with the G1.

We will see.

considering how many people I see with the samsung moment, I think there will be indeed a rush for it, it might not be a dare I say 3GS rush, but a rush nevertheless. Another thing to consider is the HTC incredible, which from what I have read and been told, it like the verizon version of the Sprint HTC evo, for those who have the want and need of winmo with a monster screen and a snapdragon, plus who can forget 3G lol, the HD2 unfortunately, at this current point and time can meet those needs.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

arrowsms is a n00b

I'm in the same boat. I'm not willing to give up my 2 lines for $60 and trying to decide between using my upgrade to go from TP to TP2 or wait for some WinMo 7 device down the line.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro