PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey
Multi-Stage XDA_UC

I posted this already in the EnergyROM thread, but I figured it could help other people too.

I made some modifications to the XDA_UC script to make it run multiple stages with reboots in between. I also cleaned up the code a little. I call it XDA_MSUC, for "Multi-Stage User Customization". Note that this is based on the version of XDA_UC in the Energy.HERMAN.21898.Sense2.5.Apr.02 ROM, even though I know there has been development since then on XDA.

Here's how to set it up:
  1. You will need to either replace the original XDAUC.mscr with the new script, or just place the new one in your XDA_UC directory where you would normally put all your stuff.
  2. Set the first variable in the script to reflect whether or not you're using a Raphael device (the original doesn't work on Raphael without changing "Internal Storage" to "Storage Card"). I've pre-set it to true, since everyone looking at this thread is most likely running a Raph.
  3. Make new subdirs in the XDA_UC directory, labeled "StageN", where "N" is a number, starting at 1. There should be no space between "Stage" and the number.
  4. Place all your .cab, .reg, .mscr, etc. files in the Stage dirs, just as you would normally put them in XDA_UC. You may also place a directory labeled "RootFS" within any stage, and the tree structure inside will be copied over to the device root.
  5. If you want your cabs to install in a certain order within each stage, start the filenames with numbers, and they'll go in that order. Just remember to pad with zeros if you have more than 10. For example, 01_cabname1.cab, 02_cabname2.cab, etc.
  6. Flash, hard reset, or run the script to get it going.
The script will start at Stage1, install everything in that folder, reboot, and continue with each stage in the same way. For example, if you have the following structure on your SD card....
  • \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
    • Stage1
      • Package1.cab
      • Package2.cab
      • Registry1.reg
      • Script1.mscr
    • Stage2
      • RootFS
        • My Documents
          • File1.txt
          • File2.txt
        • Pim.vol
        • Facebook.vol
      • Package3.cab
      • Registry2.reg
    • Stage3
      • Package4.cab
    • XDA_MSUC.mscr
The script would do the following:
  1. Install Package1, Package2 and Registry1, and run Script1.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Copy over everything in RootFS to the appropriate places on the device, and install Package3 and Registry2.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install Package4.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Clean up.
The reason I wanted this is because there are some cabs that don't work right unless a previous cab has a reboot right after it's installed.

Another script I whipped up is just to move your Start Menu shortcuts around. I've included that as well.

Hope this helps some people. Hit the Thanks button if it does!
Attached Files
File Type: mscr XDA_MSUC.mscr (8.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: mscr MoveShortcuts.mscr (1.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Previous
Smartphones: Treo 700p (Verizon), Centro (Sprint), Touch Pro (Sprint)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro