PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Connection help.

Ive recently discovered that using just WiFi is the cause of my crazy fast battery drain. (WiFi on, discharge = 167mAh. Wifi off, discharge = 54mAh..)
So i would like to get my data connection working.

Ive searched and searched and searched to no avail. so heres the lowdown on my situation and what ive tried, etc. i hope someone can help me! Thanks will be given!! maybe even a donation if you help alot

OK so heres my situation.

I have a Sprint TP registered on Verizon's network. I have the $30 data plan. I have no past-due charges on my account (a common cause of data connection not working) I have installed DCD's verizon carrier cab, doesnt seem to help. I have installed VZW provisioning via NFSFAN's Rom thread, doesnt seem to help. Ive dialed *228 and hit option 1. Afterwards it says im Roaming, which shouldnt be happening in my area. Ive used DCD's cab's "update PRI" option, gets rid of the roaming, but still doesnt fix my data connection. When i dial #777 it says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your feature update could not be completed at this time, if you would like to speak to a representative...etc."

My Data connection settings:

Name: Verizon Wireless
Modem Connection name: My connection
Modem Connection type: cellular line
Number: #777
Login info:
ID: 1234567890@vzw3g.com (except my real#)
Pass: vzw
Domain: left blank.
Automatic assign IP and Gateway and all that jazz.

When i attempt to connect it takes forever and then either says something about "PPP" or "the answering modem has disconnected"

Any ideas? or is there more information i coudl give you that might help you come up with a solution?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz
Re: Data Connection help.

check your phone settings using 778 menu, call your provider let them know your data has never worked. They'll verify your using the correct username and password and let them know you know your unlock code and can get into the registry menu if needed i beleive its called the PST. Go in there with the rep let them know your familiar with the phone they will run you through the settings save and apply them the phone will reboot, good to go. unlock code is 000000 for the sprints tp basically whats happening is when you flashed over to a VzW rom it wont change all the specfic settings that are usually inputed by the carrier. My carrier did it with me over the phone when i accidentaly flashed my entire settings over with a carrier specfic stock rom. Thats the only case where some of your internal settings are changed. In many cases even the PRL is re-flashed depending on the type of stock rom you get.
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

Sounds like the issue you are having is your DMU needs to be reset.
I have both a Sprint and an Altell TP on VZW right now, so I may be of some help...

Load up the Verizon Rom as it tends to help when I have connection problems. Now, try the *228 #1 and #2 options just to get us on a baseline.. Follow this up with HTC CM Killer: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ive+htc+killer

Let's go through your ##778# options. To enter from a VZW stock rom I believe you have to press the send key after entering the number, if ##778# doesn't work, try ##778 send.

Your main items are going to be your Security Tab Make sure both user IDs are: Yournumber@vzw3g.com

Next, go to MIP default profile:
Make sure profile is Enabled
Set your NAI to: Yournumber@vzw3g.com
mn HA SPO Set: Enabled
mn HA value: 12C
MN aaa Set : Enabled
MN aaa value: 0
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home address: 0.0.0.0
Primary HA: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA: 255.255.255.255
HA Shared Secret: Delete any number and leave blank
AAA Shared Secret: delete and leave blank

From here reset then try to connect to Internet.
If still no good, you are going to have to call VZW, tell them you had to do a hard reset and lost internet requiring a DMU reset. When they give you the number, WRITE IT DOWN! You will need it again at some point in the future.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcali View Post
Sounds like the issue you are having is your DMU needs to be reset.
I have both a Sprint and an Altell TP on VZW right now, so I may be of some help...

Load up the Verizon Rom as it tends to help when I have connection problems. Now, try the *228 #1 and #2 options just to get us on a baseline.. Follow this up with HTC CM Killer: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ive+htc+killer

Let's go through your ##778# options. To enter from a VZW stock rom I believe you have to press the send key after entering the number, if ##778# doesn't work, try ##778 send.

Your main items are going to be your Security Tab Make sure both user IDs are: Yournumber@vzw3g.com

Next, go to MIP default profile:
Make sure profile is Enabled
Set your NAI to: Yournumber@vzw3g.com
mn HA SPO Set: Enabled
mn HA value: 12C
MN aaa Set : Enabled
MN aaa value: 0
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home address: 0.0.0.0
Primary HA: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA: 255.255.255.255
HA Shared Secret: Delete any number and leave blank
AAA Shared Secret: delete and leave blank

From here reset then try to connect to Internet.
If still no good, you are going to have to call VZW, tell them you had to do a hard reset and lost internet requiring a DMU reset. When they give you the number, WRITE IT DOWN! You will need it again at some point in the future.
Thanks you very much!! i will try this and let you guys know how it worked You seem to really know what youre talking about.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT WORKED! freakin eureka!!! lol. Thank you so much dude, if i could thank you 100 million times, id do it. this has been nagging me since i got the phone. Thanks a million!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

Glad it worked for you, now just save those instructions in a Word file on your desktop. You will no doubt need it again in the future. I have to do it all over again every couple of Rom hops.

Those are all advice I've learned reading this and other forums while I was getting my 2 non-vzw TPs onto the VZW network.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro