PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM Issues

So I've had my TP since March of last year. It was replaced (with a refurbished model) last August. I have always run custom ROM's with never any issues. I typically did the flash dance, but sometimes I didn't and I never had any of the strange problems some people complain having - i.e. constant soft resets, hard resets, major leg, no internet..etc...

I started running the Sprint MR2 almost exclusively for the past few weeks. Never having any issues, just trying it out and getting away from all the eye candy that Sense 2.5 has to offer.

So now I've tried 4 different ROM's (NRG, Twisted, Root, and NSFAN) and am constantly plagued by random HARD RESETS...even without running Sashimi and not installing anything. All of these ROM's have started just randomly hard resetting my device. I cannot tell why. But it usually happens with the first hour of loading up the custom ROM. Even after clearing the storage - which I always do via the buttons anyway.

I am back to Sprint's MR2 and it appears to be running fine for the past 24 hours...any ideas?

TLDR - Multiple custom ROM's hard reset my device within an hour - I can only run Sprints most recent stock ROM...

Last edited by cmajewsk; 02-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: Custom ROM Issues

I only experience that when I don't do the dance. Obviously, going back to MR2 (which I thought was pretty darn good by the way) before flashing a custom ROM should do the trick...

Are you restoring your stuff with SPB backup? It's given me problems on the latest ROMs, I've had better luck with PIMbackup.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

I was having many problems with ROM's as well for the past few weeks. I was using Mighty ROM, Twisted, and Energy ROM's which all were giving me different problems with text messaging. I went back to the stock updated ROM from HTC but now I'm having even worse problems with it turning my phone off, over heating while charging and in my pocket, and too much lag. I have taken it to the Spring store and have gotten nothing in return except them saying my phone is fine and if I wanted a new phone to go through Asurion.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
I only experience that when I don't do the dance. Obviously, going back to MR2 (which I thought was pretty darn good by the way) before flashing a custom ROM should do the trick...

Are you restoring your stuff with SPB backup? It's given me problems on the latest ROMs, I've had better luck with PIMbackup.
I am restoring contacts, tasks, calendar, notes, and favorites via ActiveSync. On my most recent foray installing Twisted's ROM, I got a little more clever and left it alone and just used it to browse the web, and some of the built in apps. Low and behold, it's locked up and then just hard resets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
I was having many problems with ROM's as well for the past few weeks. I was using Mighty ROM, Twisted, and Energy ROM's which all were giving me different problems with text messaging. I went back to the stock updated ROM from HTC but now I'm having even worse problems with it turning my phone off, over heating while charging and in my pocket, and too much lag. I have taken it to the Spring store and have gotten nothing in return except them saying my phone is fine and if I wanted a new phone to go through Asurion.
I have heard a lot of issues like this on this ROM, however, one day when doing a flash dance, Root pulled his most recent ROM (for some reason - something wasn't working and he was going to update it). So I kept the Sprint MR2 release on it, and I was really amazed at how fast it responded, compared to a 6.5.x with Sense 2.5, and Max Manila...etc...So I thought I'd stick with it for a while. The ability to go from text messages to Opera and then over to email so quick without the busy icon really intrigued me. But I missed the weather clock, Twitter and Calendar tabs too much, as the tweaks for the old version of Manila are few and far between - especially with this ROM, plus I didn't feel like re-researching all that stuff since no one was really using as much.

Of course I am having NO such issues with the Sprint ROM - it works flawlessly on my device...go figure... It's just not nearly as much fun or feature-rich: Crappy built in lock screen, crappy menus, no wi-fi router, I could go on but you get the idea...

Last edited by cmajewsk; 02-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I reloaded the sprint MR2 and then from there flashed Twisted's latest. Thus far it seems to be working fine. I didn't load Sashimi, or ActiveSync. After waiting awhile with no hard resets, I then installed Sashimi, but did not run it. I then ran Makisu just to provision my email. After about an hour, I then ran ActiveSync and synced over my contacts, calendar...etc...right now it seems to be working fine. So must of been some kind of demon in there that the Sprint ROM worked out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro