PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

AmDD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problem with data, cant get EV

ive been searching and reading all morning and last night and have not found a solution. i endup getting lost as i do not understand how these phones work and are setup on the network.

anyway recently we got EVDO in the area and life was good. about a month ago my phone started acting up and i decided to do a hard reset. all seems fine but i have lost EV. at first i thought everyone must have lost it but everyone else in the area on the same carrier (us cellular) still has it. i have 1x and while i do have the ability to get online it is at 1x speeds.

a few things i came across while searching are MSL and that i should reset that so I used BAF MSL to read my MSL and it reads 000000 which im pretty sure is wrong.
another thing was other people posting about PRI and PRL updates and such. mine being
PRL - 39959
PRI - 1.80_027

I tried to update them using the update PRI button under settings which did nothing, then i downloaded a cab that gave me the option to update PRL and profile update. both of these gave me an error 1012 i think.

anyone care to lend a hand? im lost here.

EDIT: one other thing i found, after doing ##debug# and going to HDR the very bottom says AN/AAA authentication: 0 = Not authenticated

Last edited by AmDD; 01-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b
Re: problem with data, cant get EV

That's a non EVDO PRL for US Cellular. Try doing a *228 and that should download the latest EVDO PRL...I think EVDO PRLs for USCC start with 1. Non start with 3.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

*228? what do you mean, in the phone dialpad or where?

EDIT: i did *228 in the dialpad and called, it said something about USCC's roaming something or other... said it would update the phone, after 30sec or so it was updated and now shows EV however the PRI and PRL are the same. but under debug it is now authenticated...

Last edited by AmDD; 01-20-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDD View Post
*228? what do you mean, in the phone dialpad or where?

EDIT: i did *228 in the dialpad and called, it said something about USCC's roaming something or other... said it would update the phone, after 30sec or so it was updated and now shows EV however the PRI and PRL are the same. but under debug it is now authenticated...

So its fixed??

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

i think so. as long as running the same PRI and PRL things is ok.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i think so. as long as running the same PRI and PRL things is ok.
Heres a list of PRL's for future ref.
http://corolada.com/prl/
Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Heres a list of PRL's for future ref.
http://corolada.com/prl/
wow, thanks! while on the subject, what exactly is a PRL? and whats the difference in them between carriers and different ones from the same carriers?

also mine is 39959 which isnt listed on the page at all let alone under USCC. is that a problem?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Quote:
wow, thanks! while on the subject, what exactly is a PRL? and whats the difference in them between carriers and different ones from the same carriers?

also mine is 39959 which isnt listed on the page at all let alone under USCC. is that a problem?
Your phone's Preferred Roaming List, or PRL determines how your phone will behave in certain geographic areas, whether or not it can roam and on what roaming carriers. PRL's are a feature of CDMA phones.

PRI is a standard which is used for transporting multiple data and voice transmissions between a source point and the receiving end. If you were wondering, PRI stands for Primary Rate Interface.

You should go to your system settings and hit update PRL to get the latest version from your carrier, but just stay away from the update PRI settings, Its known to cause problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro