PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scott1998ta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone using computer's internet connection?

I'm connecting my touch pro to my XP pc using the usb cord and when I do the phone starts using the computer's internect connection. For most people this wouldn't be a problem but for me, the security software on the PC takes over and stops me from getting to certain sites. I use my phone to get on sites such as facebook for example since my work pc blocks it. I need my phone to stay charged since using the web drains the battery and the phone will die before the day is up. I don't want to bring my home charger to work plus I like to use MyMobile to see my phone screen on my pc monitor. How do I get the phone to use it's own internet connection instead of the computers?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Phone using computer's internet connection?

There are 2 options: when you connect the phone to the computer, you'll get a prompt asking what kind of device you want to 'connect': the phone (activesync) or the memory card (disk drive). If you choose the later the phone will behave just like a flash drive so it will use its own internet connection for everything. The disadvantage is while your phone is on this mode, you won't be able to access the SD from inside the phone.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b
Re: Phone using computer's internet connection?

Drawback to doing that is it activeSync doesn't work and stops the MyMobiler program from working as well. Looks a lot better when I'm typing on my computer keyboard rather than holding my cell phone and typing on the keyboard. Trying to get it to still activesync but use it's own connection.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro