PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Replacement Won't Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
Well I tried both but only the SD on Twisted and MaxDarkRoot....I think I should try a lower PP to see if that is the issue. Do you think that could be it?
very possible, set it 6,it's the best for a gimped model,also if doing from the sd card i would back up all your files and reformat the sd card and then try it,a few corrupt files can really screw things up

edit: I LOVE ROOTS WORK BUT HIS ROMS QUIT FLASHING TO VZW LIKE NRGZ DID FROM 11-25 TO 12-17 BUILDS, you may wanna try another rom,or ask on his thread if any vzw users are currently using his rom and having similar issues still

Last edited by Straitup27; 01-02-2010 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
very possible, set it 6,it's the best for a gimped model,also if doing from the sd card i would back up all your files and reformat the sd card and then try it,a few corrupt files can really screw things up

edit: I LOVE ROOTS WORK BUT HIS ROMS QUIT FLASHING TO VZW LIKE NRGZ DID FROM 11-25 TO 12-17 BUILDS, you may wanna try another rom,or ask on his thread if any vzw users are currently using his rom and having similar issues still
Thanks, Ill try the pp next then. Going to go stock, relock, unlock and then Lunacie, just to make sure everything is right.

What happend to NRGZ and ROOTs that made them not like VZW? I didn't see that....

EDIT: Also, do you know anything about what the tri-color screen should say? See question in post#4

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Seriously; 01-02-2010 at 11:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks, Ill try the pp next then. Going to go stock, relock, unlock and then Lunacie, just to make sure everything is right.

What happend to NRGZ and ROOTs that made them not like VZW? I didn't see that....
i tried every energy rom 21xxx build released in those dates and none would flash but the 28xxx builds would,contacted him and he said it may be pp but i always set @ 6 but i tried every pp setting just to be sure lol,then he thought it may be something to do with the native 6.5 native kernel he was cooking with at the time,then on 12-17 releases i tried and they all have worked since,he never made any mention if he switched kernels or anything

Root who is one hell of a chef makes bada$$ roms,and i tried every one he released as well and then maybe around 12-28 i started having the same issue with his roms,but i had made RSTG roms my home rom so i figured i would just wait it out on his too lol,root may use the 6.5 native kernel too,i don't know
Old 01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

awol is a n00b

I'm having a similar issue on a recent Sprint TP replacement. Works perfect on stock ROM, but after unlocking and flashing a custom ROM, would take 1-10min to boot from "logo screen with red numbers at bottom". When it finally did boot, would HARD reset when I rebooted/soft-reset. Acted VERY strange, but flashing back to stock made everything work perfectly again. I received this phone a month ago or so.

See this post:
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1429063#post1429063

Last edited by awol; 01-02-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
I had a similar issue on a recent Sprint TP replacement. Works perfect on stock ROM, but after unlocking and flashing a custom ROM, would take 1-10min to boot from "logo screen with red numbers at bottom". When it finally did boot, would HARD reset when I rebooted/soft-reset. Acted VERY strange, but flashing back to stock made everything work perfectly again. I received this phone a month ago or so.

See this post:
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1429063#post1429063
anytime you have issues like that do the flashdance and especially if you jump from rom to rom and use all kinds of mods,i do it in between every flash and never seem to have the issues that most ppl have and most of the time a good ol' flashdance will fix most problems
Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i tried every energy rom 21xxx build released in those dates and none would flash but the 28xxx builds would,contacted him and he said it may be pp but i always set @ 6 but i tried every pp setting just to be sure lol,then he thought it may be something to do with the native 6.5 native kernel he was cooking with at the time,then on 12-17 releases i tried and they all have worked since,he never made any mention if he switched kernels or anything

Root who is one hell of a chef makes bada$$ roms,and i tried every one he released as well and then maybe around 12-28 i started having the same issue with his roms,but i had made RSTG roms my home rom so i figured i would just wait it out on his too lol,root may use the 6.5 native kernel too,i don't know
That's weird. At first glance you would think the carrier shouldn't matter to the kernel, but since the kernel uses the memory map, it probably could cause that.

Anyway, will you tell me if your TP1's bootloader screen says the same as mine in post #4 please.

And thanks for all your help. I will try the pp tomorrow and update this thread if works.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Quote:

EDIT: Also, do you know anything about what the tri-color screen should say? See question in post#4
RAPH500
SPL-0.35.COMNEX
MicroP-Wrong Platform(0x85)
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

shows your unlocked the way it needs to be

RAPH500
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

is what it looks like when you use the relocker

RAPH500
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

is what you see via activesync running the unlocker

your good to go there bro

edit: i wish you luck and will look for your update tomorrow to see your results,if your still stuck we will keep trying
Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

awol is a n00b

Quote:
anytime you have issues like that do the flashdance

Hadn't heard of "flash dance" before, but a quick search said "flash to stock,HR,flash to custom rom,HR"...

All those steps have been performed in one fashion or another. But, I'll
give it a full try and report back.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

Quote:
RAPH500
SPL-0.35.COMNEX
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

shows your unlocked the way it needs to be

RAPH500
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

is what it looks like when you use the relocker

RAPH500
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

is what you see via activesync running the unlocker

your good to go there bro

edit: i wish you luck and will look for your update tomorrow to see your results,if your still stuck we will keep trying
Kewl and thanks buttons galor for your help. Will let ya know.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Is Discombobulated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Hadn't heard of "flash dance" before, but a quick search said "flash to stock,HR,flash to custom rom,HR"...

All those steps have been performed in one fashion or another. But, I'll
give it a full try and report back.
good luck bro and if still not fixed,post the exact issue that you keep having

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
boot screen, custom rom, touch pro, verizon