PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/ Vogue, HTC TP, BB CURVE
Carrier: Sprint

jeriel25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't do a hard reset

My phone never hard resets with the center button... I have to use the soft reset, vol down, and power but I couldn't do that until I flashed back to the stock rom and update from HTC. When I use the enter button my phone powers up normally.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch
Threadstarter

kcaegis45 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1971 View Post
On my touch pro it requires 3 hands and a foot to hard reset :P You hold down volume down, the center dpad, the power button and the soft reset button with the stylus until it gives you the prompt. I think you're forgetting the soft reset button on your attempts.

The same selections without the center d-pad gets you into bootloader mode for flashing.
+1 Thanks......
I got it to hard reset using your method; the 3 buttons and the soft reset but it took me about 20 tries. And it took me about another 30 tries to do it again. This is totally stupid, first, the instruction doesn't mention anything about hitting the soft reset button, secondly, you have to be like an octupus or use both of your hands and your "JOHNSON" to hit all 3 buttons and the soft reset with the stylus, thirdly, your octupus arms/JOHNSON have to be coordinated as the 3 buttons and soft reset has to be pushed at the same time or it just powers back on or go into a tri color screen which I think is the bootloader mode.
The easier way to hard reset is to use the CLEAR STORAGE program. I hope my TP never freezes and I have to do a hard reset using the buttons. But now I know my TP is not broken. Thanks again Doc..........
Old 12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Well, the button sequence isn't too specific, but you must have both the center button (d-pad) and volume down pressed first and then while holding them, also press and hold the power button. At this point, while pressing and holding all three, wait for two or three seconds and the BL will appear.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch
Threadstarter

kcaegis45 is just getting started
Red face Re: Can't do a hard reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Well, the button sequence isn't too specific, but you must have both the center button (d-pad) and volume down pressed first and then while holding them, also press and hold the power button. At this point, while pressing and holding all three, wait for two or three seconds and the BL will appear.

Best regards,
-boggsie

The way you mentioned is the way the manual says to do it and it does not work for my TP. The only way I got it to work is to press the 3 buttons and ALSO PUSH THE SOFT RESET BUTTON like TheDoctor1971 said. And even with that method, it takes me about 20-30 tries before the hard reset screen comes on.

Last edited by kcaegis45; 12-18-2009 at 11:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro