PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FB photo intergration for incoming/outgoing calls?

Hi everyone,

I've been using Juicy's ROM for sometime since R0 (currently using R4 now) and have noticed when intergrating my contact list with Facebook it of course updates the contact photos in most cases. I thought that when you make a call to someone or receive a call from a contact whos photo is synced with Facebook that it should show up as their caller display. For me even people with FB photo's in my contact list i still have the default HTC avatar show up with no FB photo.

Is this supposed to happen? I swear I recall this not happening on an older rom like R0.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: FB photo intergration for incoming/outgoing calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been using Juicy's ROM for sometime since R0 (currently using R4 now) and have noticed when intergrating my contact list with Facebook it of course updates the contact photos in most cases. I thought that when you make a call to someone or receive a call from a contact whos photo is synced with Facebook that it should show up as their caller display. For me even people with FB photo's in my contact list i still have the default HTC avatar show up with no FB photo.

Is this supposed to happen? I swear I recall this not happening on an older rom like R0.
Might be something you've installed conflicting with it. I've got a similar problem. The old facebook picture of someone pops up when they call(not the current one)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Might be something you've installed conflicting with it. I've got a similar problem. The old facebook picture of someone pops up when they call(not the current one)
Well at least yours is working somewhat! It doesn't work for me on Juicy's rom even after a hard reset and before installing anything
Old 12-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600-> touch pro

funkycharms is a n00b

I have the stock rom and none of my facebook integrated pics work
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I haven't seen it do any kind of live/realtime integration of facebook profile pics. On a Sense 2.5 rom I synced it once with all the contacts I had and in turn that was synced to my exchange server. Now, I can swap between phones and as long as they all sync contacts from exchange, they all have the contact photos. You may have to manually initiate/refresh one or all contacts to get the photos updated.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

when i used to use that feature it worked perfect. Would confuse me when someone changed their profile pic when they called lol
Old 12-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I'm guessing it depends on what your friends installed or agreed to in their account. I have a few contacts that sync up to facebook, but does not allow it to update pictures
Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I think it also depends on the contacts app on the phone. The SenseUI one is the first one I got working with facebook. There are also some apps out there so the sync for you. Wonder if you can sync contacts to gmail and preserve the photos. Also wish exchange2007 saved any custom ringtones I setup on a per-user basis. Hoping for that to be a feature in the 2010 server. We'll have to see.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I think it is a problem with the new Sense. It used to work for me and no longer does as well. I have tried both Juicy and Energy roms with the sam results. You can force an update by going to: the people tab - all people - select the Update and events tab - link to Facebook - select your contact you want to update - menu - update. I had to do this for about 40 contacts last night.

There is another way. backup all your contacts with "PIM backup" after you flash and resetup your phone use PIM backup first before you sync with the desktop. go through the people tab and set up your facebook account and let your people all get updated. then sync with the desktop, BUT you will get double contacts so I delete all my contacts on the desktop first. I little more risky and work but faster if your talkin about a 100 or more contacts.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS STILL ONLY UPDATES ON YOUR TP2 AND NOT ON YOUR DESKTOP

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 12-09-2009 at 02:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2