PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nobunschit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Streaming PC Library to TP2

Has anyone been able to stream their PC content (music or videos) from a Windows 7 PC to their Touch Pro 2?

It seems like something like this would be easy to setup w/ Windows 7 out of the box...especially given we're running Windows Mobile...

...but I've tried using the built in streaming capabilities of Windows Media Player, enabling streaming, linking a Windows Live ID, etc - and I can't get it to work.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Streaming PC Library to TP2

once set up on the pc does it give you a link to your stream?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nobunschit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
once set up on the pc does it give you a link to your stream?
I don't see one. I can only link it to an online ID. I think you have to somehow discover it through Windows Live.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

yeah that's not going to serve your purpose one bit. you're better off with orb
Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nobunschit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
yeah that's not going to serve your purpose one bit. you're better off with orb
That's a shame. Oh well. Maybe they'll get it right with Windows Mobile 7 or whatever the next big version is.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There's got to be something out there. I had an HP Ipaq RX-3715 that did this... Not very well but it did it. I used the wifi on it to connect to all my multimedia on my pc and I could listen to my entire music library through my ipaq's headphone jack. I'm sure there's some software out there.
p.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

Kinoma streams, but i wasnt happy with the audio
Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

I've had absolutely no problems streaming from orb. You can even set up playlists on your pc, select the playlist from orb and listen to whatever you like. There's also the option to use total commander to access your network share (ie drive with mp3's on it that has been shared). Using this method, you can browse to the folder and select whatever song you want to hear.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Another option that works pretty well for streaming music from your PC to your TP2, is Didiom. It will even play your itunes songs, if you're into that. It responds very quickly, as if the music is right there on your phone! I have been an Alpha and Beta tester since first release and it keeps getting better!

DIDIOM Description:
Listen to songs, podcasts, and audiobooks from your iTunes® library, right on your phone.
With Didiom, you can use your BlackBerry® or Windows Mobile® phone to access music, podcasts and audiobooks stored on your computer, through wireless streaming. Just download Didiom Desktop and Didiom Mobile, choose the folders where you store your audio files and playlists on Didiom Desktop, and make sure your PC and phone are connected to the Internet. You’ll be surprised how quickly your library shows up on your phone. Then, when you add new audio files to your computer, Didiom Desktop automatically scans them and makes them available for wireless streaming on your phone.

Discover new music anywhere, and download to your phone and PC.
With over 2 million tracks, the Didiom MP3 Store lets you shop for music and audiobooks whenever you want, directly from your phone. You can name your own price and download to your mobile, PC or both. The mobile download will be available to your phone, and the PC download will be available online. There are never any membership or service fees. You only pay for the music and audiobooks you download through our secure, credit card service.

http://www.didiom.com/

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Cool Santod.
I will check it out.. I actually just listen to my music on my card. I have 16gb and that seems to be ok. Need the 32 hopefully it comes out soon.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2