PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opinion on physical keyboard

Like most of the users on here I am very satisfied with my touch pro 2 so far and its the best ppc I have owned to date but I have a small issue and its with the keyboard. I know everyone has been praising the tp2 keyboard but I am to the point that I think I would prefer the tp1 keyboard. Now I am the type that has to have a physical keyboard since I text and email all day long but I find myself being less accurate and having to go back and edit messages before I send them. In contrast I never had this issue with the touch pro 1, I could type extremely fast with the tp1 keyboard with no mistakes versus typing not as fast while still making more mistakes with the tp2 keyboard.

Opinions?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Opinion on physical keyboard

I happen to like this keyboard a lot more for several reasons

some keys moved around, and the buttons require MUCH less pressure to type (Compared to the TP1, which you need to jam into). But there's plenty of space between then, and the misaligning really helps.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

I find myself making mistakes as well but like anything I just think it will take time to get use to. I do think the keyboard is better but I'm just not used to it yet. It took my a while before I really had the TP1 keyboard down.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I actually like the TP2 onscreen KB, maybe because I've also had the omnia and it's so much smaller than the TP2. I was reading the other post here about diff KB's and tried diff ones and still go back to the original for the TP2.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxceenotexx is just getting started

Me myself, I like this keyboard! Although I find myself making sum key mistakes when texting.. I still like the spacing, but not the space bar... I feel it's too far to the right of me...
Old 10-18-2009, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

stanmarsh01 is just getting started

The only thing I miss is the tab key. I used it on almost every webpage to jump to links/fields quickly.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

I never did have a TP1 but from playing with the instore models I always thought that the keys looked cramped and stiff and not as good as the Mogul which I did have and enjoyed typing on. The keyboard on the TP2 is near perfect with room for the fatest of fingers. If anything I think the keys might be a teenee weenee bit too spaced making for just a little to wide a keyboard considering how you have to posture the phone in your hand to type and reach from left to right. With anything else I think the new layout takes a little getting use to but I feel that with time most will agree that this is perhaps the best hard keyboard available on any phone to date.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you serious op? This keyboard smashes that stupid tp1 keyboard, and also This one doesnt feel like at any moment its gonna fry up in my hands and the thing die, this also doesnt type the tt or dd or sssssstupid multiple letters cause its ready to poop out..... Simply Amazing.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Threadstarter

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I find myself making mistakes as well but like anything I just think it will take time to get use to. I do think the keyboard is better but I'm just not used to it yet. It took my a while before I really had the TP1 keyboard down.
I know it will take time but when I first got my 6700, 6800 and tp1 I had the keyboard down pack in a week and really the tp1 was the easiest even though it was the most cramped. But I have been rocking the tp2 since day 1(sept4th) and I do like it alot but I am just not as efficient on it as I was on the tp1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I actually like the TP2 onscreen KB, maybe because I've also had the omnia and it's so much smaller than the TP2. I was reading the other post here about diff KB's and tried diff ones and still go back to the original for the TP2.
Well I use the onscreen keyboard sometimes but honestly we all know the reason why its alot better now is because of the larger screen. On the tp1 I never used the onscreen keyboard.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

I make mistakes like crazy now... but i chalk it up to being so used to the TP1 keyboard i could type with my eyes closed.

Just give it time, you'll get used to this one too.

Now i want my CTRL key back...

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2