PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Zagg Invisi Shiel....yay or nay?

I just noticed on the edges of my screen, where it meets the phone, its getting dinged up. Nothing major, but I can see the paint coming off in areas. I was considering the Seidio Innocase, but I don't want something covering up my phone. I actually like the way it looks. And it looks like it covers the speaker on the back. So I don't want to go that route. And I hate pouches, so Im thinking Zaggs. I know they have a good rep overall, but does anyone here have personal experience with the TP2 protector? If so please post. Again, I dont care how great the Innocase is, I don't want it
Old 11-27-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Zagg Invisi Shiel....yay or nay?

i think the zagg in personal preferance. I tryed it and messed up the install, even tripped one of my water indicators from the solution dripping down. I returned it in the 30 day window. Cant really say if its good or not because i never got to try it. But from posts ive read some people swear by it and others hated it. I bought a pouch. Maybe you need something like a microfiber bag or sleeve?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:31 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

FYI on the Zaggs screen protector has got a kind of rubbery texture, so your figure and stylus doesn't glide over it like with the stock sprint screen protector or with just the screen.

Also if you get Zaggs one trick to prevent the water indicator from being set off is to cut a small piece of paper the size of the water indicator
put it over the indicator with a piece of scotch tape (but be careful not to touch the water indicator with the tape, worked for me installing a screen protector with the soapy water method.

The paint is coming off??? Any pics of this?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

raptorjet22 is becoming a great contributor

Not sure the invisibleSHIELD protects the plastic bezel around the screen based on the picture on their website: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

It's only showing pieces for the screen and the battery cover.

I do know that Phantom Skinz does: http://phantomskinz.com/htctouchpro2sprint.aspx

I used the Phantom Skinz for my Touch Pro and I found it had better coverage, especially around the chrome which is known for getting dinged up pretty bad.

I haven't decided whether I am going to use any protection on the TP2. I'm still on the original screen protector that it came with. I'll probably wait until one of the "skin" products goes on sale at 50% off again. Phantom Skinz has them at 30% off right now until Dec. 1st. I'll probably end up getting a screen protector and case from Seidio since I am still hesitant to use any liquid to put on any skin protection on my week old TP2.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:28 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I had it on my TP1. Didn't like it. I'm not careless with the phone, so I don't worry too much about dropping it or dropping something on it. The TP1 screen with the invisible shield did look fine as it was a clean install, but it does make the texture slightly... not smooth. You can tell a difference immediately after using a stylus/finger/fingernail on the bare screen vs the newly textured screen.

Now on the TP2, there is a proximity sensor just above the top left corner of the screen (no, you can't see it, but you can test it out during a phone call), so if you us a screen protector, you can't go all the way to the edge, you'll have to cut it off at the edge of the screen, which makes it not as effective, and ugly. I wouldn't get it on my phone.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Had Zagg and Ghost armor on Touch Pro. They're junk to me. collect too much dust around the edges. I went with boxwave this time around.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

phoneman04 is a n00b

i got the zagg installed at the mall i have no issues with it so far i have it on almost for a month now
Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have used Zagg and phantom

i like zagg better..

but im thinking about trying something new

maybe a diff material than these 2

over all i think zagg is good. the main thing is to make sure its on right.. take your time putting it on...

Old 11-27-2009, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Zagg is OK for full body protection but the sticky tacky surface absolutely blows on the screen.

~John
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

italianamericn is a n00b

Invisible Shields from Zagg have looooooong been my favorite, they protect against scratches better than just about anything (just not helpful if you drop your phone obvioiusly) and i love that they keep the original look of the phone and dont add any size.

Best thing to do get the full body protection, it works great, but keep your original screen protector, i dont mind the one from zagg but i do like the smoothe glossy feel of the stock screen protector better. Personal preference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2