PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Exclamation FloTV, vCast?? SOME1 PLeaSe AnSwEr!

i have a tp2 on verizon, im running energy rom leo. i want vcast mobile tv, music, video like on the imagio. the imagio and tp2 are almost identical hardware wise (besides the keyboard) and it is believed the the fm radio and tv are software related. is there a way i could get flotv or vcast on my vzw tp2? is there a cab? could someone port the imagio rom for the tp2? thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: FloTV, vCast?? SOME1 PLeaSe AnSwEr!

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the Imagio had the V-Cast, Rhapsody etc... Is that included in the cost of the data pack? Or does Verizon stiff people extra to access these features? I'm guessing its extra since verizon desribes it like this in the description of features:

V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (Subscripton, Wireless and PC Downloads) capable
V CAST Mobile TV compatible
V CAST Video capable

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's somthing you'll see availible in Verizon's release of 6.5/HTC Sence.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:21 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

It costs extra.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
Interesting. I wasn't aware that the Imagio had the V-Cast, Rhapsody etc... Is that included in the cost of the data pack? Or does Verizon stiff people extra to access these features? I'm guessing its extra since verizon desribes it like this in the description of features:

V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (Subscripton, Wireless and PC Downloads) capable
V CAST Mobile TV compatible
V CAST Video capable

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's somthing you'll see availible in Verizon's release of 6.5/HTC Sence.
it says on microsofts website the the update will be in october/november. if thats true we should be seeing an update in the next few days!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

I'm sure this could easily be ported from the Imagio.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

llea1 is just getting started

i had already asked this question about a month and a half ago...the news doesn't look good:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90098
Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

V-Cast requires an antenna, which the Imagio has, and the Pro2 obviously does not
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagio_stand_zoom.jpg (54.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by llea1 View Post
i had already asked this question about a month and a half ago...the news doesn't look good:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90098

I remember reading that post back in the day.... before the HSPL, lol. Only some options might be lacking due to missing hardware, but the standard V CAST stuff would be there like the free videos that I can put on to shut my kid up on car rides!!! My LG Voyager had that stupid TV antenna and not once could I ever find a place that it worked or ever had the need for it anyways.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Unhappy Re: FloTV, vCast?? SOME1 PLeaSe AnSwEr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
it says on microsofts website the the update will be in october/november. if thats true we should be seeing an update in the next few days!
HAHA, we only wish. I don't want to be mean and burst your bubble... but that estimate only says that the HTC Touch Pro 2 would get the update by that time, but local carriers have their own timeline. The international unlocked HTC TP2, the ATT TP2 and other non-US TP2s got their updates already... dunno about Verizon, but the word is Sprint won't get it until January.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

VCast Mobile TV requires additional hardware, which the Imagio has, the TP2 does not. This not only includes the antenna, but a radio for it as well. VCast phones do not get VCast TV over the cellular network, but rather over an FM frequency, much like broadcast television. This was illustrated where I live in South Florida. With a lack of available spectrum, VZW bought the rights to use frequencies that were already in use by analog broadcast television. When the DTV switch was pushed back, so was the VCast TV launch in this market. When the DTV switch finally happened, VCast TV went live here within a week.

VCast Music and Video do not require additional hardware, but it does require a feature code on your plan, as does VCast TV.
If you don't have a VCast capable phone, then that feature code cannot even be added onto your plan. This is because the billing system knows if you have a VCast capable phone by your ESN. No. If you don't have a VCast capable phone (ESN) then the option to add that feature code onto your plan is not even present in the billing system. With that being said, there is no way to get it to work.

Sorry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2