PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

chubbyboy88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I want something to clear my phone

I want something to fully clear my phone. I have used hard reset but I know I didn't completely clear my memory as the phone still retains my number. I don't have to dial *228 or anything afterward my number still is on the phone. I there away to completely clear all info on the phone past a hard rest? Ow yea I'm using the most current Mighty Rom.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: I want something to clear my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyboy88 View Post
I want something to fully clear my phone. I have used hard reset but I know I didn't completely clear my memory as the phone still retains my number. I don't have to dial *228 or anything afterward my number still is on the phone. I there away to completely clear all info on the phone past a hard rest? Ow yea I'm using the most current Mighty Rom.
normally its ##786# but you need the msl. I'm not sure how mighty rom is set up.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Clear Storage should clear everything out. I don't know why you want to clear the phone number. Just take it to the carrier you want to use and have them activate it and change the number. Or is it stolen.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I been switching between roms and now that I want back to Mighty Rom its a bit glitchy and I did hard resets every time but I don't think its working because my number is still in my phone.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I don't think you understand. Your phone number is stored in the service programming of your phone. A hard reset will not clear that out. The only way to clear that out would be to use QPST or maybe you can edit it thru ##778#.

Why would you want to clear your number out? Your phone number being stored in there will not cause any side effects.

Do you mean that your contacts are still there? Some numbers are stored on the SIM card in the phone, those will not be cleared with a hard reset either.

Last edited by apristel; 11-25-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Never mind I figure it out. A physical hard reset clear all the data where as a hard reset that u do from wipe formating the device does not. Like I been switching between rom and it started to cause glitches I could tell it even had the old splash screen from the first rom I flashed from. The physical hard rest is the the real deal it clears every thing even my phone number.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Why would you want to clear your number out?
Exactly! That's why I asked if it is stolen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

None of those will clear your phone number. Sorry.

What number are you speaking of?

@horn ya something isn't right in this thread
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

The phone is really mine no lie and a physical hard reset really clear my number
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

Then does your phone work now?

If it was cleared, you'd need to reprogram the nam settings to get a phone call out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2