PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: SprintPCS

jawe347 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jawe347
Angry Sprint TP2 having problems answering call

I'm running stock rom on Sprint TP2. I have the Plantronics bluetooth piece. A problem that I am having is that when a call comes in, whether I answer it with the bluetooth or the hard keys the phone does not answer the call. It lingers and eventually goes as a missed call. Sometimes if I answer with my bluetooth and the caller stays on the line the phone eventually answers the call. I've already been to the sprint store once and did a hard reset. This is still happening. It is annoying as F*ck to say the least. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint TP2 having problems answering call

Well, I would say if a hard reset didn't fix it then it may be a defective unit. If they did a hard reset (at the store) did the problem occur again? And did they offer to get you a new phone? Sounds like they just did a hard reset and kicked you out the door.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

which plantronics do you have? i have the 975 and it took a couple days to get the phone to answer via the headset but it works now. i hope your phone isn't bad. have you updated the headset under bluetooth settings?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I have the Voyager Pro. I thought it was the bluetooth not working until I tried to answer a call with the hard key on the phone, even the slider does the same thing.

They did a hard reset and told me to come back if the problem persists. I definitely will be going back there. I finally got this phone to tether with my macbook pro.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Are you running advanced config, hdtweak, or any similar programs? If you are sometimes they cause problems if turned on auto data disconnect using those programs. There is an easy reg edit fix if you did.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I'm not running anything of the sort. I'm waiting for 6.5 to come out officially. I did a hard reset (clear storage) and the same problem persists. It is anoying the hell outta me.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the widcomm bt stack is corrupt. so until the stock 6.5 comes out don't expect much change
Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

It's not just with the bluetooth though, this happens when I use the slider or the hard key to answer a call.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPCT7380
Carrier: Sprint

logic88 is a n00b

I don't use BT so can't speak to that but I did have problems answering calls because I used Advanced Configuration Tool and it wrote bad data to a reg key.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40427

Check HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume and see if it's "#777". If not (mine was "~GPRS!"), change it to "#777". That fixed my answering problems immediately.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thankx, I checked the key and mine was ~GPRS. I just changed it to #777, did a soft reset and am going to see what happens on the next call. will let you know what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2