PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Vodafone

Caemgen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please! I'm stuck in a 3 colored (boot?)screen!

Hi there,

This morning, I was using my phone to read my e-mails when suddenly it locked up and I had to turn it off.

Then, when I turned it on again, some weird 3-colored menu popped up (red, green, blue and then white) with some yellow text on it:

RHOD100 32M SS-BC
SPL-0.84-0000
MicroP(LED) 0x0A
MicroP(KEY) 0x04
TURBO HW/TURBO SW

Then some random numbers and below, in the white area a black text: 'Serial'

I can't get it to work again. I tried to Hard Reset it, but the phone won't respond to it... I also tried flashing to a Stock rom (which I already used in the first place - I never even changed anything since I bought the phone, except for installing SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 a few weeks ago)... but nothing.

The PC connects to the phone though. The text 'Serial' changes to 'USB' when I connect a USB-cable and whenever I install a stock rom (I've tried the RUU_Rhodium_S_HTC_NLD_1.88.404.3_Radio_Rhodium_4.4 9.25.17_Signed_Ship) it finishes until it's at 100%. But then nothing happens. It just stays at the 3-colored screen. Rebooting it doesn't change anything, nor does Soft reseting it.

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel->Verizon

mikevolzer is just getting started
Re: Help please! I'm stuck in a 3 colored (boot?)screen!

Is your phone unlocked? My bootloader screen does not say SPL-0.84-0000 it says SPL-1.00.Olinex. Maybe this is different because I'm in the US

Last edited by mikevolzer; 11-24-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Caemgen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevolzer View Post
Is your phone unlocked? My bootloader screen does not say SPL-0.84-0000 it says SPL-1.00.Olinex. Maybe this is different because I'm in the US.
No I didn't change anything about my phone except for installing SPB Mobile Shell!

It was still locked and it had the unbranded official HTC WM 6.1 ROM on it.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker

Where did you get the stock ROM that you said you flashed? I was under the impression that any of the dumped stock ROMs you can find here still require your phone to be unlocked to flash.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Where did you get the stock ROM that you said you flashed? I was under the impression that any of the dumped stock ROMs you can find here still require your phone to be unlocked to flash.
if you're flashing stock rom you do not need to be unlocked. before hspl i flashed my phone a couple of times.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Lurker

Maybe pull the battery and give it a try if you haven't already. Beyond that I'd say you should take it back since it is still under warranty and you didn't unlock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if you're flashing stock rom you do not need to be unlocked. before hspl i flashed my phone a couple of times.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Caemgen is a n00b

Quote:
I got it in a thread at XDA-Developers, but apparantly their forum is down right now.

I googled the filename because the Rapidshare-link was down and I then got it from here: http://xda.caspersworld.co.uk/

Quote:
Maybe pull the battery and give it a try if you haven't already. Beyond that I'd say you should take it back since it is still under warranty and you didn't unlock it.
I already tried all that..

And yeah, you're right, but I got it in an online shop and it'll take forever to get it repaired or to get a new one, so I thought maybe this is something that I can fix myself as it will be faster.

Last edited by Caemgen; 11-24-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

you're GSM. what you should do is hard reset.

if you have flashed a rom make sure its a GSM rom, if you flash an unlocker be sure again its for GSM

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Caemgen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
you're GSM. what you should do is hard reset.

if you have flashed a rom make sure its a GSM rom, if you flash an unlocker be sure again its for GSM
But that's the thing... I can't Hard reset.
I've tried to, of course, but it just won't work.

You're supposed to press and hold Call/End and the Power button at the same time when the phone's off, right?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caemgen View Post
But that's the thing... I can't Hard reset.
I've tried to, of course, but it just won't work.

You're supposed to press and hold Call/End and the Power button at the same time when the phone's off, right?
if you're on that screen you should be able to flash stock rom from that screen. you should be able to hard reset even from that screen but i'm not familiar with the hard reset process ont he tp2 yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2