PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5
Carrier: Sprint

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Synch with 2 computers

There is a well documented problem with Windows Mobile 6.1 and it's difficulty in synching with more than one computer. I have my home computer and the one at work, so I'm clobbered with this issue each day.
Does anyone kow if the 6.5 update fixes that issue ??

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/e...-5dee81c28cde/
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: TP2 Synch with 2 computers

i sync my phone on my work laptop and my desktop at home without issue. Sometimes after a flash i will get duplicate contacts because i changed them on my phone and only synced in one location, but that is easily fixed with a delete or the app "dupe de dupe"
Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
i sync my phone on my work laptop and my desktop at home without issue. Sometimes after a flash i will get duplicate contacts because i changed them on my phone and only synced in one location, but that is easily fixed with a delete or the app "dupe de dupe"
That's great news, I'm glad it's working for you.
Unfortunately it's not working for me. I need some help in getting it to work. The link I copied in my first post just indicates that other's are having the same problem. It seems to be a WinMo 6.1 problem. One of the solutions suggested is to revert to 6.0.
Unfortunately, my TP2 came with 6.1. I don't know how to install 6.0.
Do you know what might be causing my problem ?
Is there any other software besides Active Sync or WMDC that can be used for synnching to Outlook ?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

yea - i had the same issue - i gave up on the activesync on physical pcs and just do the microsoft myphone now so never run into dup contacts problem plus myphone has a dup deleter anyway. but i did notice that you can go into activesync setup and delete the computers you sync with on the phone; maybe if you delete them from your phone and delete your phone from the computers, it might start fresh. but i suggest microsoft myphone ... its free and i like it alot.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand525 View Post
yea - i had the same issue - i gave up on the activesync on physical pcs and just do the microsoft myphone now so never run into dup contacts problem plus myphone has a dup deleter anyway. but i did notice that you can go into activesync setup and delete the computers you sync with on the phone; maybe if you delete them from your phone and delete your phone from the computers, it might start fresh. but i suggest microsoft myphone ... its free and i like it alot.
That's unfortunate news. I really need to sync with my computer since I get a lot of meetings and appointments from my work schedule through Outlook.
From what I've read it's certainly a 6.1 problem. I've been avoiding this, but maybe I'll just breakdown and try one of the 6.5 ROMS and see if that helps.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

I remember having issues with multiple computers and ActiveSync in the early days, but fortunately haven't experienced any of those issues since my last device (Samsungi760) and newer Vista Mobile Device Center on the laptop. No issues whatsoever with the TP2.

If you read the article in the microsoft link you posted, it sort of suggestes that the specific issue refrenced only occurrs when syncing between a 64 bit PC and a second PC (32 or 64, doesn't matter) while using Activesync 4.5. Is that consistant with your experience?

I'm running a 32 bit Vista+Mobile Device Center (v.??) at home on my laptop and a 32 bit XP system+ActiveSync 4.5 at work and have had zero issues.

... that is of course dependant on the partnership rules you establish in order to determine what infoamtion take precident between devices and how conflicts are resolved. Have you checked those settings in order to confirm you haven't set them to duplicate entries? Just checking...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Try this dunno if this is an issue. With mine I actually have to uncheck the checkmark in the connections. It says if your computer cant read. That works. You might need to try switching this between computers and see if that works.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
There is a well documented problem with Windows Mobile 6.1 and it's difficulty in synching with more than one computer. I have my home computer and the one at work, so I'm clobbered with this issue each day.
Does anyone kow if the 6.5 update fixes that issue ??

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/e...-5dee81c28cde/

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 24
Carrier: broad

xemfuna321 is a n00b

I have my home computer and the one at work, so I'm clobbered with this issue each day.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by xemfuna321 View Post
I have my home computer and the one at work, so I'm clobbered with this issue each day.
Deja-vu!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for all your help guys.
I've got a substantial amount of calendar and contact info that I synchronize. To resynch the phone from scratch with a computer can take 45 minutes. That's what I have to do when ending a synch partnership and restarting it. I can't end a partnership and restart one each day.

I've got a work around, and boy dies it suck, but it has the pleasure of at least working.

I can only sync my TP2 on one computer. Period. No solution in sight, so my only choice then, is to synchronize the two computers.

I'm using the Import/Export function of Outlook to synchronize the two computers. There is a "do not allow duplicates" option available, so this works out pretty well.

Then I synch my phone to just one of the two computers.

It's a PIA, but I'm hoping that WinMo 6.5 solves the problem. If not, I may abandon WinMo and move on to an android phone, and hope that HTC Synch does a better job than WMDC.

Last edited by SKS06460; 11-24-2009 at 08:18 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2