PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Question Verizon touch pro 2! t-mobile Sidekick data plan! anyone got this to work?

i have a verizon touch pro2 and t-mobile sidekick right now voice,sms and my emails work but i cannot get my internet to work these are my settings!!

modem: cellular line (gprs,3g)
access point: hiptop.t-mobile.com

user name: i have tried all of these: dummy,guest,(blank)
password: same as user name

Has anyone got this to work or have this working?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ravic is a n00b
Re: Verizon touch pro 2! t-mobile Sidekick data plan! anyone got this to work?

nope, seem like the email works but not the web or any http traffic. So it is blocked for port 80. You could technically use a proxy to go around though.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic View Post
nope, seem like the email works but not the web or any http traffic. So it is blocked for port 80. You could technically use a proxy to go around though.
ok with that being said what do i need to input into my device ? and where?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Which data plan is it? 5.99? 19.99?

Try this and lemme know what you get...

epc.tmobile.com
user:[blank]
password:[blank]

EDIT: also try

wap.voicestream.com
internet2.voicestream.com
internet3.voicestream.com

All usernames and passwords are blank
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)

Last edited by Spr0ckEt; 11-24-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: added more
Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Also found this... Looks like it might help get more connectivity, but it may be a little limited as well.

again, let me know if ay of it works.

Step 1
First go to your Settings - Connections - Proxy
Step 2
Add a new proxy, then use the following information:

Description: T-Zones
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name: port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP

Leave User name and Password blank.
Step 3
Save the previous settings and then go back to add a SECOND proxy with the following information:

Description: T-Zones 2
Connects from: Work
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name: port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP

Leave User name and Password blank.
Step 4
Then, go to your Settings - Connections - GPRS, add a new GPRS connection and put the description as T-Mobile Data (if it's already there just change the settings as below):

Connects to: Work
Access point: wap.voicestream.com

Leave User name, Password, and IP blank. Put None in Authentication Type and 0.0.0.0 in both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

Add another GPRS connection, use the same information as above EXCEPT Connects to: WAP Network and name it as T-Mobile MMS (if it's not already there)
Step 5
Go to your Pocket IE: Menu - Tools - Options - Connections.

Uncheck Automatically dettect settings. And choose "The Internet" as your network.

This will enable internet access via proxy using your pocket IE.
Step 6
To get Exchange email to work, go to Tools - Options - Account Settings and keep going Next until where you reach the options to choose the data you want to synchronize, and then use your right soft key to go to Menu - Advanced and choose "Internet" as the connection.
Step 7
On your pop mail, go to Options - Account Settings and keep going Next until you can see a link for "Advanced Server Settings" which is in the Outgoing (SMTP) mail server screen setup. Click on the link and choose "Work" as your Network connection.
Step 8
Congratulation, if you follow all the above steps carefully you should be able to use your T-Mobile Shadow or Windows Mobile 6 phone to access the internet using Pocket IE, access POP mail, access Exchange server, use Windows Live Search application and Google Maps. It might work with other java applications although I haven't try anything other than what I listed above.

Last edited by Spr0ckEt; 11-24-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: EFFing smilies...
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt View Post
Step 4
Then, go to your Settings - Connections - GPRS, add a new GPRS connection and put the description as T-Mobile Data (if it's already there just change the settings as below):

funny thing is i do not have gprs under my connections!! also are these settings for the sidekick plan? i ask because everything on the sidekick goes threw dangers` servers! i will try what i can get to when i get home but i am really looking for the proxy for internet
Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt View Post
Which data plan is it? 5.99? 19.99?

Try this and lemme know what you get...

epc.tmobile.com
user:[blank]
password:[blank]

EDIT: also try

wap.voicestream.com
internet2.voicestream.com
internet3.voicestream.com

All usernames and passwords are blank
i have tryed all of these before posting and none ever get me a edge connection using the sidekick plan! the only apn that connects to edge is hiptop.t-mobile.com my email works fine but no internet its like port 80 is being blocked
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

A little searching goes a long way...

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Prepai...A4276FCD57B65C

Then the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LEiPhone/petition.html
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
A little searching goes a long way...
You should know me better then that by now believe me i searched at least two days before me posting thats how i got this far(getting the email to work)found some help on xda but nothing that fixed my problem
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Well, did you read the links I posted? I think you're out of luck on getting anything to work on the sidekick plan.

They must be address IMEIs of sidekicks somehow and only allowing data on those.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-25-2009 at 12:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2