PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 Quicly toggle BT and Wifi

Running Energy ROM Leo WM 6.5 and my normal method of using AE button to toggle BT on and off is not working at all. Have tried tons of different settings, my BT on off toggle program does not work either. Anyone one get this working?
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: WM 6.5 Quicly toggle BT and Wifi

Three words...Rhodium Keyboard Controller. You can map any key by single, double, or triple click or long press. It has actions to toggle wifi and BT that can be assigned to such a key. I don't toggle BT because I leave it on all of the time, but I have my long-press HOME key mapped to toggle wifi. Works like a charm.

Take a look at this thread to see what others are mapping using this app...

Post your Keyboard Config

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Three words...Rhodium Keyboard Controller. You can map any key by single, double, or triple click or long press. It has actions to toggle wifi and BT that can be assigned to such a key. I don't toggle BT because I leave it on all of the time, but I have my long-press HOME key mapped to toggle wifi. Works like a charm.

Take a look at this thread to see what others are mapping using this app...

Post your Keyboard Config
Wow this works great, very nice thank much.

One thing I cant seem to get to work. I want to remap the mailbox key to the the Ctrl key since it missing on the TP2. I set it to emulate key press-->Key 17 Control. Its not working, i basically just used this for copy and paste etc.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:22 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Did you look at that other thread I linked to? Most are actually mapping the Fn+C and Fn+V to Ctl+C and Ctl+V for copy/paste emulation instead of dedicating an entire key to the control function.

If you're dead set on remapping the mailbox key, then set up a new mapping, make sure it's set to direct key mapping, and choose the "17 control". Do an Update Config, and then soft reset for the change to take effect. I just tried it and it works fine for me that way.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:32 PM

FYI, I just tried it the other way, by using the "Multiple actions" and assigning the "17 Control" to the Click action. It does not work this way. Therefore you must use the "Direct key mapping" key mode.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Did you look at that other thread I linked to? Most are actually mapping the Fn+C and Fn+V to Ctl+C and Ctl+V for copy/paste emulation instead of dedicating an entire key to the control function.

If you're dead set on remapping the mailbox key, then set up a new mapping, make sure it's set to direct key mapping, and choose the "17 control". Do an Update Config, and then soft reset for the change to take effect. I just tried it and it works fine for me that way.
How do I set it up so FN works for Ctrl? I figured out how to do simply, this button does this but that is like a multiple combination. Thanks again for the help.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Hmm still cant figure this one out.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
How do I set it up so FN works for Ctrl? I figured out how to do simply, this button does this but that is like a multiple combination. Thanks again for the help.
Don't think of it as though you're assign the Fn key as a control key. Take the "c" key as an example. You're trying to set up Fn+c to do a CTL+C (Copy). Therefore create a new mapping for the "c" key. The first thing you're asked is whether or not to include the Fn option. Make sure you check that box. Then you can assign the Click action to emulate the "67 C key" key and make sure you check the Ctrl box below. Once you've saved that, applied it, and soft reset, any time you use Fn+c it will actually emulate a Ctrl+c.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Actually, take a look at this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=22

It's from the older 1.3.2 version of the controller app, but you'll get the jist.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2