PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fortte Leather Case/Pouch - Review and Unboxing

I ordered Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 STiL Vertical Pouch leather case from Fortte and I am very happy with it. Here is my review and unboxing pictures in case if anyone is interested.

Company: Fortte Stylish Functional Cases
Paid: $28.64 (with shipping, after 30% off coupon "Fortte Family" - still working)
Received in 2 weeks via UPS.

I was on a mission to find a high quality, professional leather case. In the past, I have used cases from Sena and Piel Frama and although both are expensive they are of very high quality. I found Fortte by accident while searching for TP2 leather cases. I have never bought from that company but from the pictures and description it looked like a decent quality case and for $30 - 30% coupon (see above) plus shipping, I decided to take a chance. I received the case today and I have to say that I am VERY happy with it. For under $30 shipped, this case maybe just marginally less of a quality then Piel Frama and I would say totally on par with the Sena cases I have used before with my Dell Axim X50v. The case is a perfect fit, does not add much bulk but very well padded at the same time, looks and feels (and smells) like a high grade leather. I wanted this particular style case where it would be well protected but easy to take out of the case at the same time; and this case is just perfect for me. If you want to pay extra, you can pick different colors leather and have them engrave it if you wish. I don't wear my phone on my belt so I picked the one without the clip but they have different kinds of clips (detachable or not) available if you want it as well as belt "loop". I also wanted a snap closure which I like. The case came in a nice box, neatly wrapped and packed. It fits my Sprint TP2 like a glove and provides excellent protection. There is a hole for the headphones on the bottom. The only minor improvement I would ask for is to also have a hole for the USB charger. Pictures below:

Pros: Excellent quality. Great price. Perfect fit. Great protection. Quick access to the phone. Quick customer support (I had a couple of questions and they responded same day). Quick delivery considering that each case is made specifically per your order. Can be customized per your liking. Easy access to headphones jack.

Cons: Would like to have USB access for charging.

There are other styles for Sprint TP2 as well as other carriers (just pick yours from the list).

Any questions - just ask and I will try to respond.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Fortte Cases and not benefiting from this review in any way, shape, or form. I was looking for a good case and didn't find a whole lot of detailed reviews so I wanted to share mine in case if anyone is looking.

Last edited by Gorby; 11-18-2009 at 11:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Fortte Leather Case/Pouch - Review and Unboxing

i wish to have the easecase one better.

veryall nice review and good pics

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

Last edited by twe90kid; 11-18-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yea, I did look at easecase on eBay as well. Two things I did not like: they were still more expensive ($40 shipped) and they did not have cutouts on the sides on top. Now, for some it could be a plus since it means better protection since the top corners are covered. But for me it was a minus because I want to grab my phone there to slide it out of the case. So personally, I like Fortte case better for my needs.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

I ordered a Fortte case for my VZW TP2, a horizontal one. When I ordered, there was no option for carrier, so I ordered the HTC one. Bad move The case DOES fit like a glove, albeit a latex one. Maybe I just need to let it stretch a little bit, but it is TIGHT. This case also has velcro that would hold a 300-lb man in place!
So, I highly recommend Fortte, have had 4 cases from them. BUT make sure you pick the right case for your unit. I had no clue there was a significant size difference between HTC and Sprint/VZW designs!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the pictures and review. Hopefully one day well have a dedicated accessories thread like the touch pro and this can be a part of it
Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

new2tech is becoming a great contributor

Nice... very posh packaging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2