PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie Questions:

hi all, just got my touch pro 2 and have a couple question. didn't find these ?'s anywhere in the forum-
first, can I view my list of emails by default instead of the first unread message?

second, why does my one email account show up twice in folder's view? Once as 'outlook email' and one as verizon.net <which is my isp for the email addy I setup> They show the same email, except they are usually one or two emails off in count and they don't delete when I del from the 'other' folder.

also, is there a way to select multiple emails when I go to delete? like on my pc, if I click one, then hold shift and click 10 emails down, they all select and can be deleted with one strick of the del key. don't see how to do that.

I haven't used win mobile in quite a while, just came from a blackberry, and for the most part looks like an ok move. I know most of this is pretty basic and appreciate any assistance you can give.
g.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now. thank you.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Newbie Questions:

the outlook email folder is created when you activesync to your computer. you have to "setup device" the first time, and if you select email on the setup list, it creates the outlook mail folder on the device and syncs it with outlook on your computer. I am not sure how to reverse these changes, but to prevent them from happening in the future, make sure not to select mail when you are setting up the device the first time after a flash.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
the outlook email folder is created when you activesync to your computer. you have to "setup device" the first time, and if you select email on the setup list, it creates the outlook mail folder on the device and syncs it with outlook on your computer. I am not sure how to reverse these changes, but to prevent them from happening in the future, make sure not to select mail when you are setting up the device the first time after a flash.
To change it, you have to manage your device connection I think in WMDC and change what is synced. I'm not sure if it will remove the email that was already put onto the device or not though.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

if you select menu there should be an option for 'select messages' and then you can select all, select all below, or select several and then do whatever you want with them (mark as read, delete, etc.)

With the stock rom i was also able to use the keyboard and if you hold the shift/caps lock button you can select several. or if you press the up/down arrows it will begin dragging and selecting ones below the message. I'm not sure why this isn't working for me on 6.5 though ):
Old 11-19-2009, 07:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2