PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

richardb85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the best non-sense UI rom for TP2?

I'm interested in flashing my tp2 with one of the roms here, but it seems almost all of them are running sense-ui and while I think it looks great... it just kinda bugs me that it doesnt work in landscape in every mode when you slide out the keyboard. I know this isn't a huge issue for most people, but for me it's a dealbreaker lol. Are there any recommendations? What I'm looking for is a rom with eye candy and a degree of stability. I somewhat prefer manila over titanium, but I'm willing to give either a shot.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: What is the best non-sense UI rom for TP2?

mighty rom works in landscape and it looks good, stable.
also energy rom 2.1 works in landscape looks good aswell and stable

Last edited by Mr.KLeen; 11-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardb85 is a n00b

Thanks, I tried mighty rom and it seems like exactly what I wanted.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

What does Mighty ROM do over stock. It looks very stock to me with just a bit of eye candy.

And I've see a few issues posted with it as well. And so many folks that have tried ROMs and ended going back to stock for stability and speed.

Like someone mentioned they have problems running Exchange with any of the ROMs.

I need 100% Exchange working.

The things that bug me the most are Zooming in Opera 9.5 and Voice Command but no ROM seems to resolve that.

I like the option to use Landscape too. Kinda defeats the purpose of this monster phone without landscape.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache,Titan,Treo 700w,750w,800w,TP,Fuze,TP2,Hero
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

relux is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to relux

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Like someone mentioned they have problems running Exchange with any of the ROMs.

I need 100% Exchange working.
What problems have you had with Exchange? I use Exchange and have not had an issue with any of the roms i've used and i've flashed most of them...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

i wish some of the cooks would consider integrating Mobile Shell instead of Sense as rstoyguy did for Diamond and TP

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mchuang is a n00b

The only thing I see with the roms, is that the ram utilization really starts to climb and makes the touchflo slow. If I disable the touchflow, the phone is fast as hell.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

richardb85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
What does Mighty ROM do over stock. It looks very stock to me with just a bit of eye candy.
For me, I guess the little bit of eye candy is enough. The orange-y sprint stock rom just looks bland in comparison imo and I like having the weather on the main screen and I don't have to only choose from major cities, I can use my gps location. In the past when I had a diamond, I felt like some custom roms improved my battery life as well, I haven't really had a chance to test that out with this rom but I guess we'll see and I could always reflash if I needed to.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For the OP...

TF3D 2.1 has landscape...2.5 was designed for the LEO...which like its older brother the HD...doesn't offer landscape (except music and photos)

Other UI choices...Point UI (free), SPB Mobile Shell (not free officially), Titanium (base UI for 6.5.

Also, beware of the 23XXX builds of WM 6.5 (technically known as WM6.5.1) that flavor of WM has the start button and shoulder buttons on the bottom of hte screen. The "taskbar" is reworked and MOST custom taskbar icon cabs doesn't work natively for that as yet.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since you are on Sprint I'd suggest trying Cfay's 1.1 Rom. Don't use his provisioning, use the one on the Sprint TV sticky, then install the cabs on the Sprint tv sticky. Real solid stable ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2