PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does 6.51 plus Manila 2.5 equal unstable?

I've been using CFay's excellent 6.5 and 2.1 ROM on my Sprint TP2 for a while now, and to me it seems as stable as the stock Sprint ROM. Unfortunaltely I've been spoiled by the eye candy and better user interface of the 6.5.1 and 2.5 ROMS out there. Problems is, every one of them seems buggy as hell. Either you have to stand on your head while jumping though hoops to send an MMS, or it randomly crashes, or it goes through a battery in 6 hours. And of course in 2.5 very little works right in landscape.

So is it likely we will ever see stable 6.5.1 and 2.5 ROMS? Am I expecting too much? Should I put on my flameproof undies?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Re: Does 6.51 plus Manila 2.5 equal unstable?

First off Iagree with you that Cfay has a great 2.1 ROM; very stable. If you want another stable option (which is not 6.5.1) use Juicy R3, 6.5 2.5 ROM...Nearly perfect in my initial use (2 days)...sill some "issues" with MMS...but other than that...GREAT! (IMHO)...and FAST AS MY Z06!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
First off Iagree with you that Cfay has a great 2.1 ROM; very stable. If you want another stable option (which is not 6.5.1) use Juicy R3, 6.5 2.5 ROM...Nearly perfect in my initial use (2 days)...sill some "issues" with MMS...but other than that...GREAT! (IMHO)...and FAST AS MY Z06!
My understanding is it still won't do landscape either?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

you have to realize you can't ask for something beta to be brought out of beta. right now 2.5 hasn't been released to our devices and we are playing with a rom that was made for the leo, which has a better processor and capacitive screen. our phones don't have that so we can not expect it to work perfectly. Also 6.5.1 is beta, so you put 2 beta programs together and expect them to work? 6.5.1 and 2.5 will work together flawlessly when they are no longer beta products, thats your answer.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!
Threadstarter

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you have to realize you can't ask for something beta to be brought out of beta. right now 2.5 hasn't been released to our devices and we are playing with a rom that was made for the leo, which has a better processor and capacitive screen. our phones don't have that so we can not expect it to work perfectly. Also 6.5.1 is beta, so you put 2 beta programs together and expect them to work? 6.5.1 and 2.5 will work together flawlessly when they are no longer beta products, thats your answer.
Actually, I am well aware of the beta status of 6.5.1, and I know where 2.5 came from. I guess I could have asked the question a bit better. Every time I spend the time to reflash to a 6.5.1 and 2.5 ROM I end up with a phone that's not stable enough for "production" use. It freezes, features don't work, random resets, etc. In my book that's more of an "alpha release".

Please understand, I'm not criticizing the chefs here, they do some pretty cool stuff. Mostly I was wondering if there are any "production ready" 6.5.1 and 2.5 roms out there. Is it even possible yet. I haven't found any.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Actually, I am well aware of the beta status of 6.5.1, and I know where 2.5 came from. I guess I could have asked the question a bit better. Every time I spend the time to reflash to a 6.5.1 and 2.5 ROM I end up with a phone that's not stable enough for "production" use. It freezes, features don't work, random resets, etc. In my book that's more of an "alpha release".

Please understand, I'm not criticizing the chefs here, they do some pretty cool stuff. Mostly I was wondering if there are any "production ready" 6.5.1 and 2.5 roms out there. Is it even possible yet. I haven't found any.
calkulin has a rom and a kitchen where people have successfully used 2.5 and 6.5.1. his 1st kitchen has been out about a week and he is in the process of finishing up the updated release. his thread is located here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95635
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

computerpro3 is becoming a great contributor

I had the same issue and settled for 6.5.1 and 2.1. Ideally I'd like the features of both, but 6.5.1's improved bottom task bar was the deal breaker for me. I love the enlarged buttons and relocation of the "ok" and "start" menu buttons. For me, that's a bigger deal than fancy weather animations (that lag) in 2.5.

The one thing I do really wish I could have though is the much improved people tab from 2.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2