PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pri
Carrier: sprint

thrillz21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade or not?

I currently have a touch pro. I just ordered a TP2 and its coming in two days. Should I upgrade it to winmo 6.5 or keep it as is?

What are the benefits of winmo 6.5 over 6.1?

If I do decide to upgrade what is the easiest way to do it?
Old 11-14-2009, 04:17 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Upgrade or not?

My suggestion, is to keep it with 6.1 for a bit and make sure everything works as it should. Then, when you are used to how it functions and are sure it has no defects, then consider upgrading.

The phone is quite stable and runs very well out of the box. Enjoy it as is, then flash when you think you want something new to look at. The changes are mostly visual and do almost nothing for ME, productivity wise.

Without running stock for a while, you won't really know if your new rom has quirks, or if it may be just the phone. Just my opinion.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillz21 View Post
I currently have a touch pro. I just ordered a TP2 and its coming in two days. Should I upgrade it to winmo 6.5 or keep it as is?

What are the benefits of winmo 6.5 over 6.1?

If I do decide to upgrade what is the easiest way to do it?
If you don't care for the fancy stuff that 6.5 has then I wouldnt upgrade. You might also run into some issues and you have to install several cabs to get it working right. TP2 is great out of the box. Everything just works.

Once you get tired of it then maybe consider the upgrade but be prepared to spend several hours on your phone to get it to work the way you want it.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can tell you this. On the TP1 the stock rom SUX, and it does bad. Now on the TP2 I have to say stick with stock for a while and get used to the device. Then if you are bored flash away. I personally like stock, I have flashed 1 ROM and not 5 min later I was back to stock 6.1 just like how stable it is and how pretty much everything works. But thats just my opinion. Good Luck...
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

The first response makes perfect sense to me. Run it with stock for a while so that you get used to what 6.1 / stock offers and speed. Then if/when you flash to a 6.5 you will be aware of the differences and can compare performance, stability, features, etc. From there you can make a personal choice of whether to go back to stock, or experiment with more custom ROMs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2