PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
PhoneTek

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Takes several rings before you receive the call?

My friend said it took about 4 rings before I answered the call when I answered almost immediately. I tried calling my phone and it took about 2 rings before I saw the call on my phone. Is there any way to fix this?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Takes several rings before you receive the call?

there is. forgot whats its called, it involves going into phone settings with a ## code and changing networks polling interval, drains battery faster though. might be called NAM seetings?? cant remember, somebody will

but this always happens with me on high end sprint phones
Old 11-13-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

It is called the slot cycle index, but changing it has never made any phone ring faster for me (mine always rings on the 2nd ring however)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

ah yes THATs it, slot cycle. it was on the tip of my keyboard lol
Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I recall reading that changing slot cycle index on the phone does not change anything actually because it is always overwritten by the slot cycle setting on the tower.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

THEGAMEPLAY94 is a n00b

i changed mine and it went from 3 rings to 2
Old 11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

the slot cycle change DOES work but it drains ur battery alot quicker...basically what it does is it shortens the length of time between "checking" the towers for incoming calls...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
the slot cycle change DOES work but it drains ur battery alot quicker...basically what it does is it shortens the length of time between "checking" the towers for incoming calls...
^^^^+1

Old 11-13-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Changing it from 2 to 1 on my mogul definitely made a difference, and the added drain was negligible. I haven't changed it yet on my TP2 yet 'cause no one's complained, I'd forgotten to, and I was already having batt issues.

The battery issues went away when I uninstalled the nueBattery utility that shows battery remaining in 1% increments. My idle usage dropped from the 170's to 50-60. (maybe I had an earlier version, haven't checked yet.)

AFAIK, the slot cycle isn't reset by anything OTA from the tower, but from a WM process running in the background. I can't see recall what it is looking at my process list, maybe HTCGuardian? I'm guessing it was disabled by the cleanup cab.

I'll likely change mine shortly now. You'll need your MSL to change it. Unless you're on the fringes of a tower (therefor needing extra power to reach it) the extra drain shouldn't amount to much. YMMV.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2