PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are these programs availanble on the TP2?

Currently, I use a TREO 800W and have a few programs I use all the time that I would like to find replacements for on the TOUCH PRO 2. can someone let me know if they exist and what they are??

1. TREO ALERTS - great program for reminding of appointments, missed calls, voicemails etc. Blinks the LED and also has voice. What is available for the Touch PRO 2?

2. JUST TONES - great ringtone, SMS TONE and EMAIL TONE manager. Is there something like this for the TP2 or does this work on the TP2?

3. WUNDERRADIO - is there a version that works on the TP2?

4. POCKET INFORMANT - how would I get this to work on the TP2?

5. SOFT RESET - is there a program for the TP2?

Thanks... Dave

Last edited by djqwikcut; 11-13-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Are these programs availanble on the TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Currently, I use a TREO 800W and have a few programs I use all the time that I would like to find replacements for on the TOUCH PRO 2. can someone let me know if they exist and what they are??

1. TREO ALERTS - great program for reminding of appointments, missed calls, voicemails etc. Blinks the LED and also has voice. What is available for the Touch PRO 2?

2. JUST TONES - great ringtone, SMS TONE and EMAIL TONE manager. Is there something like this for the TP2 or does this work on the TP2?

3. WUNDERRADIO - is there a version that works on the TP2?

4. POCKET INFORMANT - how would I get this to work on the TP2?

Thanks... Dave
1... This is built into the basic features of the phone and you can turn on and off notifications. You can set it to remind you every 30 seconds or whatever.

2.... I use the mp3 trimmer and make any one of my songs into a ringtone. Not sure what Just tones does specifically. So I don't know.

3... Wunderradio is available on the MS marketplace.

4.... don't know what that does. my pockets don't need any more info. lol.
sorry.

p.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Pocket informant.

http://www.handango.com/catalog/Prod...FcNx5QodVxUloA
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post

Thanks but I didnt need a link to pocket informant .. although I guess that was for the other guy who said he didnt know what it was. I want to know how to get this to work on the TP2 and replace the build in calendar appointments etc.. I LOVE the ICONS for the calendar and the nice today screen plugin..

ALso here is JUST TONES http://www.1touchmobile.com/justtones.php
I love this program because it sets custom ringers for contacts, voicemail, email, text messages and more...
Old 11-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
1... This is built into the basic features of the phone and you can turn on and off notifications. You can set it to remind you every 30 seconds or whatever.
** is this a feature of the TP2? because it isnt a feature of windows mobile - my treo 800W is win mobile 6.1. Also does this flash the LED different colors like it does on my 800W?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

for number 5, soft reset there are a couple of apps available. I've installed psShutXP and there is a slide to shutdown that works pretty well too. Both are tied to the power button. If you hold the power button it will start the application.

I found both of these at xda, and I'm not the creator either.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:
** is this a feature of the TP2? because it isnt a feature of windows mobile - my treo 800W is win mobile 6.1. Also does this flash the LED different colors like it does on my 800W?

look in the settings... you can set up reminders for whatever... Notifications.
play sound.
flash light.
display on screen
vibrate
repeat.

It's all there... I attached a screen shot.
p.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (7.6 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
look in the settings... you can set up reminders for whatever... Notifications.
play sound.
flash light.
display on screen
vibrate
repeat.

It's all there... I attached a screen shot.
p.
that isnt the same as what TREO ALERT DOES.. I have all of what you show me on my treo 800W but what treo alert does is go one step further:

What is TREO ALERT???
An app with the total size of 400.3 kB which is very very lite on your treo keeping it running smooth giving your Treo Alert features that were unheard of a few months back.
This is the first WM Treo app to offer led blink colors,Orange and red as well XCAST WEATHER , VOICE ALERT REMINDERS FOR-missed calls with call count,sms,email, voice mail,Timer feature giving you the flexibility to set alerts to start and end when needed,voice caller ID reminder that tell you the last phone# that has called you....I could keep on going with the outstanding features this app provides but this post would run out of space.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1301756-post1473.html

is anything like this available for the TP2? basically it keeps reminding me when I miss calls or voicemails or SMS with blinking led in colors and speed etc and even a voice message...
Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:
Thanks but I didnt need a link to pocket informant .. although I guess that was for the other guy who said he didnt know what it was. I want to know how to get this to work on the TP2 and replace the build in calendar appointments etc.. I LOVE the ICONS for the calendar and the nice today screen plugin..

ALso here is JUST TONES http://www.1touchmobile.com/justtones.php
I love this program because it sets custom ringers for contacts, voicemail, email, text messages and more...
I posted a link so you could read and hopefully answer your question in the process. I told you I didn't know what it was. Sorry for trying to help. I was a noob myself at one point but I was greatful to anyone trying to help me. Now I try to help you.
  • Windows Phone 6.5 Support
  • Getting Things Done (GTD) support in Tasks
    • Inbox - Collect your tasks quickly
    • Context Groups
    • Project Groups
    • Next Actions
  • Starred Tasks
  • Bounce Scrolling
  • One month Date Picker based off the full month view
  • Month View Free Time Finder
  • Editors are now touch friendly
  • 6.5 Only: Swipe left and right in Day, Agenda, Month View, Week, Task View, and Date Picker to navigate between time periods
  • 6.5 Only: Swipe left and right in Editors to navigate between the editor tabs
  • Many more Touch mode improvements throughout the app
  • Full PNG support within PocketInformant and for icons
  • Over 1200 icons (VGA, QVGA, square screen) now included as a separate download within Pocket Informant
  • Icon picker now has a size filter to see only the icons you want
I followed the link and read... I highlighted in red...It should work on the TP2.
p.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
I posted a link so you could read and hopefully answer your question in the process. I told you I didn't know what it was. Sorry for trying to help. I was a noob myself at one point but I was greatful to anyone trying to help me. Now I try to help you.
  • Windows Phone 6.5 Support
  • Getting Things Done (GTD) support in Tasks
    • Inbox - Collect your tasks quickly
    • Context Groups
    • Project Groups
    • Next Actions
  • Starred Tasks
  • Bounce Scrolling
  • One month Date Picker based off the full month view
  • Month View Free Time Finder
  • Editors are now touch friendly
  • 6.5 Only: Swipe left and right in Day, Agenda, Month View, Week, Task View, and Date Picker to navigate between time periods
  • 6.5 Only: Swipe left and right in Editors to navigate between the editor tabs
  • Many more Touch mode improvements throughout the app
  • Full PNG support within PocketInformant and for icons
  • Over 1200 icons (VGA, QVGA, square screen) now included as a separate download within Pocket Informant
  • Icon picker now has a size filter to see only the icons you want
I followed the link and read... I highlighted in red...It should work on the TP2.
p.
** yes it does work but not with TOUCH FLO 3D.. I emailed the pocket Informant support and thats what they tell me. I may just turn off TOUCH FLO 3d anyway... Thanks for your help...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2