PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 (my precious)
Carrier: VZ

vick2080 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advertising

How is that VZ/Sprint, advertise for Droid/Palm Pre so much and not for the Touch Pro2?
this seems to happen to the touch pro as well and i dont think i ever saw it at any VZ stores
anyone know why??
Old 11-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Advertising

I don't know why... but it must have something to do with proffit margin. Or commission. I know Every time I go into the sprint store (I had the tp... I was there alot. lol) The employees hound me about getting the pre or a blackberry.
p.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Marketing decision: HYPE.

PPCs aren't usually the hype, but are for geeks like us.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Because Palm actually helped pay for promoting the Pre to try to fight the iPhone.

The Droid is same, it is made by Motorola, a company who you would be surprised they still make mobile phones and are trying to make a come back.

HTC is not paying a penny..

aka they are not trying to make a huge profit, they are trying to establish a brand.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 11-13-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That makes sense. There used to be a table FULL of phones at the sprint store at the mall where I am. NOW... there's a flat screen tv and a palm pre.
they should call it the pre store.
The other table has all the free and 50 buck phones.
It looks sorry in there. A guy at the quiosque stopped me and asked to see my phone cuz he hasn't seen one before. I was there half an hour and was showing off features to all 4 geeks in there. So there we were... 5 geeks hovering over a phone. lol.
Some things never change.
p.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 (my precious)
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

vick2080 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah
It almost sounds as though they are embarrassed to advertise
Most people havent even heard for HTC.
I saw a few ad's for some of their new phones, but nothing big.
they were up there for the G1, but that phone sucked, guess its upto the service provider

went into the VZ store for a case and the rep. asks what phone i have, i said the TP2, he said they dont have any cases for it nor he has he seen/hear of it
come on people lets spread the word, i dont want such am amazing phone to fade away, i dont think it will anytime soon. it deserves its recognition, VZ/Sprint pick it up.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have noticed this as well. However, as of later I have begun to see many commercials for Windows Phone and HTC phones in general, though most of the commercials are showing HTCs running Android, but I've seen a few showing WM.

When I think about it, prior to the iPhone, did we ever see a phone get advertised so aggressively? Sure providers would show off some of their individual dumb phones and occasionally black berries, but prior to the iPhone it seems that market for advertising didn't really exist...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The G1 had some backing from google, not as much as the Pre but still some.

No one marketed smartphones to individuals because it was considered that average user wants a dumb phone and not a mobile pc. Another thing was smartphones were all over 200$ range and all looked ugly making ppl not able to afford them or not want them due to the looks.

Apple iPhone was the first headset outside the blackberry where the manufacturer did backing in the advertising. In US, the carriers have pretty strong control over what headset you use and all the carriers cared was for you to renew a subscription, to them it doesn't matter what phone you take as long as you renew.

The only exception to the above would be the Sidekick which actually was promoted due to the fact that they charged premium plans for that thing..even though its a dumb phone in a smartphone form.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2