PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint
Carrier: sprint

touchpro2111 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint stuck with slow EVDO, 1x?

There's a long thread of Verizon customers having slow data or stuck in 1x. Are there a lot of Sprint customers experiencing slow EVDO or stuck in 1x? I'm stuck around 100-150kbps even though it says EV on top.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

touchpro2111 is a n00b
Re: Sprint stuck with slow EVDO, 1x?

I've followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=489929 and for a brief while my speeds got to 400-600 kbps, but now it's back down under 200 kbps.

I installed the Advanced Configuration Tool and Net Framework 3.5, and then set tcp connect and data retransmissions to 8 and also tcp window size to 98304.

Last edited by touchpro2111; 11-14-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

touchpro2111 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint T7380)

I ended up exchanging it for another one and now I am blazing at 1000 kbps, so it was a hardware defect.

Last edited by touchpro2111; 11-14-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

duofold is a n00b

touchpro2111...what speed test site are you using (dslreports, mobilespeedtest.com, speedtest.net, etc.)?

And do you always hit 1000+ kbps on consecutive tests?

I've got both a touch pro & touch pro 2. both are no longer getting 1000+ kbps like they used to. especially when I test using PIE + dslreports, it really drags. And when the test finally completes, both are coming in at around 100-200 kbps.

Can't believe both tp & tp2 crapped out on me.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Make sure you are clearing your cache before each test and use dslreports. See my speed test banner in my sig? Im not really getting that d/l speed lol but its from mobilespeedtest.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

touchpro2111 is a n00b

I'm running the speedtest from http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1 in both opera and internet explorer on my tp2. I consistently get speeds 700-1500 kbps, unlike my first tp2 that was consistently 100-150 kbps. But I do notice that many times the speedtest site gets stuck near the middle of the test or suddenly slows to a crawl, so sometimes I will hit stop and rerun if that happens. If you are stuck under 200 kbps, I think that is a defect and the phone needs to be exchanged for another one.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
N00b

duofold is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Make sure you are clearing your cache before each test and use dslreports. See my speed test banner in my sig? Im not really getting that d/l speed lol but its from mobilespeedtest.
haha! Yeah, I used to be able to hit those speeds on mobilespeedtest.com. Not anymore. I am clearing my cache every time but with no discernible impact.

What's confounding me is that just recently, I was regularly hitting in excess of 1000 kbps on dslreports almost everytime. Now both my wife's tp & tp2 when started up on dslreports seem to zip along just fine...and then it just hits a wall and drags for the rest of the test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro2111 View Post
I'm running the speedtest from http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1 in both opera and internet explorer on my tp2. I consistently get speeds 700-1500 kbps, unlike my first tp2 that was consistently 100-150 kbps. But I do notice that many times the speedtest site gets stuck near the middle of the test or suddenly slows to a crawl, so sometimes I will hit stop and rerun if that happens. If you are stuck under 200 kbps, I think that is a defect and the phone needs to be exchanged for another one.
Yeah, your experience exactly mirrors mine. When the test is first run, speed seems fine as I view the status bar on the bottom of PIE. But like yours, it gets stuck. Unlike yours, even if I stop and rerun the test, it still reaches a certain point & starts crawling.

I did a hard reset last night. Didn't load a single app, completely stock. No reg edits/tweaks. And still nothing. This wouldn't have been so goddamn frustrating if it weren't for the fact that I enjoyed 1000+ speed not too long ago...and now nothing on both tp & tp2.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent & to both of you for your insight.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

yeah, tested now 285 kbps, tested again, 113 kbps, and again, 236 kbs
Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

touchpro2111 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by duofold View Post
haha! Yeah, I used to be able to hit those speeds on mobilespeedtest.com. Not anymore. I am clearing my cache every time but with no discernible impact.

What's confounding me is that just recently, I was regularly hitting in excess of 1000 kbps on dslreports almost everytime. Now both my wife's tp & tp2 when started up on dslreports seem to zip along just fine...and then it just hits a wall and drags for the rest of the test.

Yeah, your experience exactly mirrors mine. When the test is first run, speed seems fine as I view the status bar on the bottom of PIE. But like yours, it gets stuck. Unlike yours, even if I stop and rerun the test, it still reaches a certain point & starts crawling.

I did a hard reset last night. Didn't load a single app, completely stock. No reg edits/tweaks. And still nothing. This wouldn't have been so goddamn frustrating if it weren't for the fact that I enjoyed 1000+ speed not too long ago...and now nothing on both tp & tp2.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent & to both of you for your insight.
It just got stuck 3 times for me after going fast, but 4th time was 700 kbps, so I think it is a problem with dslreports getting stuck. Try d/l a big file and watch the progress.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Yeah, same story with me on Sprint. Blazingly fast for approximately 70% of the 1mb speed test as indicated on the progress bar, than it drops to a crawl. It might be Dslreports.com's severs because with mobilespeedtest.com I'm getting 500-600Kpbs in downtown Atlanta during mid day peak which is respectable for such a congested area.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2