PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PoisonXA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lock evdo on touch pro2

i dont know if im in the right place but is there a way to lock the pro2 to only use evdo instead of auto 1x evdo hybrid. thank you.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

fitlawns is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to fitlawns
Re: lock evdo on touch pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonXA View Post
i dont know if im in the right place but is there a way to lock the pro2 to only use evdo instead of auto 1x evdo hybrid. thank you.
Go to phone in start/personal/phone-network(cdma only), then go to cdma network-(network or roaming settings;and get settings,select home or sprint only)
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

PoisonXA is a n00b

its like that now and i have verizon but the thing is that my evdo singnal is weak so it prefers 1x so it switches over but i dont want that i want it to always be on 3g evdo.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

fitlawns is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to fitlawns

yurn off all options to roam and that will help, but when in calls you will always be in 1x
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work

I think what he means is that on the touch pro 1 and the Mogul there was a hack where you could enable Mode Of Operation and select Hybrid, 1X or EVDO only mode, when you selected evdo only you can only stay in evdo and not receive calls, I prefer that when I want to browse the web force EVDO and not be interrupted with calls, I don't see this option available on the TP2, so if anybody knows how to do that please advise.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

If you roam you are only going to get 1x coverage. Big red and Bid bird put a stop to Roaming evdo. A soulution to this would be nice. I guess I can do my part and see if it a regy hack.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonXA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrenwa View Post
I think what he means is that on the touch pro 1 and the Mogul there was a hack where you could enable Mode Of Operation and select Hybrid, 1X or EVDO only mode, when you selected evdo only you can only stay in evdo and not receive calls, I prefer that when I want to browse the web force EVDO and not be interrupted with calls, I don't see this option available on the TP2, so if anybody knows how to do that please advise.
In order to stay connected and not get calls go into phone >settings>cdma network>dnb mode>get settings> check on
Old 11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
In order to stay connected and not get calls go into phone >settings>cdma network>dnb mode>get settings> check on
Hey guys and mighty! I've tried changing that setting tho mighty and it's all grey'd out for me. I am curently using a stock ROM only because I have no cable TV right now and I use the sprint TV a lot. I have the premium channels package also so if I'm paying an extra 9.99 for that then I should probably use it. but here's my question....

Could what mighty states above only work for cooked ROM? Since I'm on stock, and my options phone>Settings>cdma network... are not available, I see the option but they are grey'd out, when I turn my phone to GSM only then some of the options I can change.

Any help on this is much appreciated, I've actually been playing modern warfare 2, the new call of duty through tethering my EVDO connection. Obviously I have the touch pro 2 and I believe that mighty does also since he is cooking for it.

I even found where you can change the ModeofOperation registry setting from the value 1 to 0. There is also a .cab for that but it does the same thing so you can decide which you'd rather use.

Bottom line, I would love to be able to force EVDO when I tether so if anyone can help me I will be forever in their debt.

Thanks for reading.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

arlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to arlindemini Send a message via MSN to arlindemini

FYI Juggalo posted a cab with Sprint TV working on Mighty's Rom

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96207

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post
Hey guys and mighty! I've tried changing that setting tho mighty and it's all grey'd out for me. I am curently using a stock ROM only because I have no cable TV right now and I use the sprint TV a lot. I have the premium channels package also so if I'm paying an extra 9.99 for that then I should probably use it. but here's my question....

Could what mighty states above only work for cooked ROM? Since I'm on stock, and my options phone>Settings>cdma network... are not available, I see the option but they are grey'd out, when I turn my phone to GSM only then some of the options I can change.

Any help on this is much appreciated, I've actually been playing modern warfare 2, the new call of duty through tethering my EVDO connection. Obviously I have the touch pro 2 and I believe that mighty does also since he is cooking for it.

I even found where you can change the ModeofOperation registry setting from the value 1 to 0. There is also a .cab for that but it does the same thing so you can decide which you'd rather use.

Bottom line, I would love to be able to force EVDO when I tether so if anyone can help me I will be forever in their debt.

Thanks for reading.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2