PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pocket ie doesnt register as a mobile device?

anyone else notice this? i use opera for some things but ie works better for gmail. but it thinks its setup as a desktop pc. unlike opera which accepts the mobile option
Old 11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: pocket ie doesnt register as a mobile device?

anyone know the registry settings for this? since switching to mobile or desktop it still stays in desktop even though mobiles checked
Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started

I have this problem with Opera always showing desktop versions of sites that have mobile versions, but I don't see a setting in Opera to change that. Maybe its a phone issue rather than just an IE issue?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

no the option is desktop or mobile but for some reason when mobile is checked its not registered and it always stays in desktop mode.

and opera - settings - display , uncheck full screen and check mobile
Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

so no one with a touch pro 2 using IE has this issue of the broswer not going to mobile veiw?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

use my carrier cabs they set the User agent correctly for IE and opera. as for opera if you wish to switch form desktop mode to mobile do so in the settings.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I haven't had any issues switching either IE or Opera between Desktop/Mobile view on the stock or custom roms.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

opera works fine switching. but IE doesn't do anything and stock roms here
Old 11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

where are your carrier cabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
use my carrier cabs they set the User agent correctly for IE and opera. as for opera if you wish to switch form desktop mode to mobile do so in the settings.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

vnb289 is a n00b

I was having the problem not being able to get into Hotmail because it required java to be enabled. Once i noticed the settings for mobile or desktop it allowed me to get into ie w/o a problem. My setting stay the same thru ie.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2