PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sms advice/input/suggestions??

Hi everyone,
I did a search on the forum regarding posts on sms in tp2. Couldn't find a thread that can help me...although I can be mistaken.

I am having trouble with my SMS messages folder. The text messages i send shows up on my sent folder (obviously), but also shows up in my inbox. Is there a setting I can adjust so my sent sms isn't showing up in my inbox folder as well? this confused me today when i noticed it...thought i was sending text messages the incorrect way (although i've been using text messaging via phone for over 10 years). I thought I was somehow sending it to myself as well. I figured out that the phone is telling me that i have started a conversation with a contact, but i don't need a copy of the message i sent in my inbox as a reminder. It's a feature that I don't care for and would like to know how to turn it off.

What say you people?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Sms advice/input/suggestions??

Maybe you just don't like the theaded view?

start....settings...system...text messaging... turn it to classic....soft reset.

Last edited by apristel; 11-06-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Maybe you just don't like the theaded view?

start....settings...system...text messaging... turn it to classic.
i got as far as the settings screen. didn't find "system" as one of the choices.

not that i don't like the threaded view. liked it actually when i had to bb tour. what i don't like is how it also puts a copy of the message in my inbox. also...how do you do a soft reset? sorry...new to pocket pc device.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Oh I'm on wm6.5 forgot about that.,. maybe someone will tell you how to switch to classic view instead of threaded....

just look around in the settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Oh I'm on wm6.5 forgot about that.,. maybe someone will tell you how to switch to classic view instead of threaded....

just look around in the settings.
LOL...np apristel. i'll look around the forum still while waiting for other people drop their 2 cents into the thread. tnx for the help just the same!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

That is what you want though, classic view, then it won't show your outgoing txts in the inbox, it will be more like a regular cellphone i guess. Just dig around, you'll find it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2