PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hardwood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera 9.7 update not main browser

Since updating to Opera 9.7 I noticed the "Globe" icon on the dashboard does not open the new version, it opens 9.5

The start menu icon also opened the old version, but I simply deleted it and created a new button pointing to the 9.7 executable.

I'd like the 'Globe"icon to open the new version, but the registry tweaks I found did not do the job.

Anyone figure out how to override the touch-flo globe icon to open the new version of Opera?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Opera 9.7 update not main browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
Since updating to Opera 9.7 I noticed the "Globe" icon on the dashboard does not open the new version, it opens 9.5

The start menu icon also opened the old version, but I simply deleted it and created a new button pointing to the 9.7 executable.

I'd like the 'Globe"icon to open the new version, but the registry tweaks I found did not do the job.

Anyone figure out how to override the touch-flo globe icon to open the new version of Opera?

Thanks!
you try the go into opera 9.7... in address bar type opera:config enter.... Now scroll to Install and click it,, now check the mark for browser first time launch, then hit save. Then exit opera 9.7 completely. Now re enter Opera 9.7............... Now check your globe and see it it is the default, you may have to soft reset it to take effect, but this has worked for me everytime, I have read some people have had no success but I dont see how.... Its always worked for me even when I had the tp1 CDMA...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Hardwood is a n00b
Re: Opera 9.7 update not main browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
you try the go into opera 9.7... in address bar type opera:config enter.... Now scroll to Install and click it,, now check the mark for browser first time launch, then hit save. Then exit opera 9.7 completely. Now re enter Opera 9.7............... Now check your globe and see it it is the default, you may have to soft reset it to take effect, but this has worked for me everytime, I have read some people have had no success but I dont see how.... Its always worked for me even when I had the tp1 CDMA...
Thanks for the tip. It didn't work for me either, but thanks anyhow. It was easy to do, and I did a soft reset to be sure, but it didn't change anything.

Maybe it has something to do with the "push" feature? When you go to the globe, YouTube is defaulted as a "push" page, with "add a new Push page" options below it.

I opened the old Opera with the Globe icon, went to opera:config, and looked to see if the "browser first time launch" was checked, and it was not.

Seems to be something deeper keeping us from changing the Globe default browser....

And I see you have the T-Mobile version which may have different software locks than Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2