PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want a 6.5.1 ROM?
Yes 58 80.56%
No 9 12.50%
What's 6.5.1? 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Would you be interested in a 6.5.1 Rom?

I am surprised by the lack of 6.5.1 ROMs. Perhaps I'm the only one who has interest in the more finger friendly build and the ability to see both the clock and the battery at all times. I just want to get a feel for who else would be interested. If there are enough that want a 6.5.1 ROM then hopefully some of the cooks will take note and help us out.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Would you be interested in a 6.5.1 Rom?

6.5.1 is not mature enough for everyday use in my opinion
Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

+1.

True story. It's not QUITE there yet... but it's just a matter of time before we get a more stable build.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

a 6.5.1 rom is essentially exactly what i'm looking for.... unfortunately, energyrom is the only one that uses it but the dealbreaker for that one is it constantly completely locks up in SMS
Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

i agree.

i personally prefer the 218xx builds.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I haven't had any lock-up issues in sms...i do hate that there is no landscape manila and no mms tho....overall i'm digging NRG's rom and I use it for work everyday...i've been texting, emailing, and using logmein on my phone to create an excel file listing all the ip address and comp names in my organization...
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
I haven't had any lock-up issues in sms...i do hate that there is no landscape manila and no mms tho....overall i'm digging NRG's rom and I use it for work everyday...i've been texting, emailing, and using logmein on my phone to create an excel file listing all the ip address and comp names in my organization...
i was using energy "photon" with titanium... it was the windows sms freezing all the time but i've read that it's a bug with that particular build of 6.5.1
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

cant wait for photon 6.5.1 with manila 2.1 that fixes the issue I willl gladly use it again!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

My hope is that either MightyMike or Juicy will take note of this thread if it gets enough votes. Mighty has the more stable ROM imo, but 6.5.1 would be good for an alternative ROM.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ran NRGZ 6.5.1 for a couple of days. I didn't have any issues with SMS and have not had any lock ups. The only issue that I had with that particular ROM was the underpowered processor of the TP2 is brought to the fore front. You can't help but be reminded that the TP2 does NOT have a processor upgrade from our original TPs. The weather animations are sluggish and slow...it really is too bad...because that bit of eye candy is something to behold!

Lots of 6.5.1 ROM chefs are still on the TP...ran 6.5.1 using Calkulin's VK...and at that time...it was an adventure since it was VERY beta then...now, on NRGZ ROM, 6.5.1 is exactly what the current 6.5 should have been...with room to grow...but MORE finger friendly.

YES, I would like to see more 6.5.1 ROM's for the TP2...and I think its a matter of time before other chefs migrate over here, with their 6.5.1 tools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2