PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nbaj2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else have Calls Randomly ending in first 30 seconds?

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I'm on my second Touch Pro 2.

There are many times when I either make a call or receive a call, within the first 30 seconds the call will just end. The weird part is, it doesn't show as a dropped call, its almost like the phone thinks I hit the hangup button. If the call lasts past about 30 seconds, I so far haven't had an issue.

This is becoming very frustrating where I will be talking to someone for and the call will just end. This happens with the stock rom as well as custom roms.

Is there anyone else with this issue? This is actually my second Touch Pro 2 with this issue (the first one had a broken key). I wasn't sure if anyone had any idea of anything I can do to fix this. I don't have anything running in the background when this happens, but it is definitely happening a lot. When this does happen I have perfect service (actually never had this problem with my original Touch Pro).

Anyone else out there have any similar issues?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

no im not having this problem at all! what rom are u running? and are u using a modified prl? have u tried to cross check ur phone cdma programing using qpst vs ur old phone?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

WickedWyrm is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

My Tp2 doesn't do that, but my Ozone did (the reason I returned it for a TP2). When I called Vzw they said that they had never heard of that happening to any of there phones
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

kierandill is becoming a great contributor
Re: Anyone else have Calls Randomly ending in first 30 seconds?

Only if it is my ex wife and I piss her off....
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierandill View Post
Only if it is my ex wife and I piss her off....
LMAO! That is amazing.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nbaj2k is a n00b

Not sure why it's happening. I have tried it with the stock rom as well as MightyRom and the same thing happens. At first I thought it might have something to do with being synced to my Parrott Bluetooth in my car, but it happens a lot and doesn't matter where I am. I don't have my old phone anymore to compare, but I'm 100% sure I never had problems like this. I had this same issue with the first Touch Pro 2 I received when I had a totally separate issue so I'm not sure I would have the exact same issue twice.

If no one else is having this problem then maybe I should get my phone replaced...again.. I'm sure that Sprint store loves me by now...

Anything else to try?

~J
Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep, doesn't happen on mine. No problems with calling so far....
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sho95 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post
I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I'm on my second Touch Pro 2.

There are many times when I either make a call or receive a call, within the first 30 seconds the call will just end. The weird part is, it doesn't show as a dropped call, its almost like the phone thinks I hit the hangup button. If the call lasts past about 30 seconds, I so far haven't had an issue.

This is becoming very frustrating where I will be talking to someone for and the call will just end. This happens with the stock rom as well as custom roms.

Is there anyone else with this issue? This is actually my second Touch Pro 2 with this issue (the first one had a broken key). I wasn't sure if anyone had any idea of anything I can do to fix this. I don't have anything running in the background when this happens, but it is definitely happening a lot. When this does happen I have perfect service (actually never had this problem with my original Touch Pro).

Anyone else out there have any similar issues?
Yep happened to me once and fixed it my self while talking to tech support. Some how your need to register it back to verizon/carrier. It under options. Let me look at my TP2 and see if I can pin point it for you.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sho95 is just getting started

Found it:

Go to START- SETTING -COMMUNICATIONS - PHONE- SELECT NETWORKS AT BOTTOM- Under "mode of operation" it should say CDMA ONLY- If it does then just tap on the word on reselect CDMA ONLY- AFTER THAT IT WOULD SHOW A BOX STATING REGISTERING ON NETWORK-
Sorry for the caps this website keeps messing up an frustrating me and have to retype it like 3 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho95 View Post
Found it:

Go to START- SETTING -COMMUNICATIONS - PHONE- SELECT NETWORKS AT BOTTOM- Under "mode of operation" it should say CDMA ONLY- If it does then just tap on the word on reselect CDMA ONLY- AFTER THAT IT WOULD SHOW A BOX STATING REGISTERING ON NETWORK-
Sorry for the caps this website keeps messing up an frustrating me and have to retype it like 3 times.
I previously had it set to Global so it would switch back and forth even though I don't need it to do that, so I'm going to just set it to CDMA so it picks up Sprint and see what happens.

Thanks!

~J

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2