PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Ghost Buttons in Settings>Buttons menu.

I'd like to bring this thread back from the dead. It seems WinMo let this one slip. On my stock sprint tp2, if go into Settings>Buttons, I have 5 choices to change; 1. 'send key hold' 2. button 3. button 4. button and 5. button. What the hell are those? When I try to back out of that nonsense, it says that each button needs an individual assignment, not just <context menu>. So I can either soft-reset or change a bunch of random unknown buttons. What's up with that?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Ghost Buttons in Settings>Buttons menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
I'd like to bring this thread back from the dead. It seems WinMo let this one slip. On my stock sprint tp2, if go into Settings>Buttons, I have 5 choices to change; 1. 'send key hold' 2. button 3. button 4. button and 5. button. What the hell are those? When I try to back out of that nonsense, it says that each button needs an individual assignment, not just <context menu>. So I can either soft-reset or change a bunch of random unknown buttons. What's up with that?
I just gave them <none> when I still had the Sprint stock rom.
I've tried a few of the cooked roms and they don't have those phantom buttons.
It's probably MS just being lazy. Did you see the that video where a guy took a winmo2003 and compared it to winmo6.5 and all the internal menus were nearly identical? Basically evidence of MS's laziness.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Weird, mine is stock, and I only have the 1st choice. Do you have the Rhodium keyboard Controller installed? I don't yet
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Weird, mine is stock, and I only have the 1st choice. Do you have the Rhodium keyboard Controller installed? I don't yet

I hard reset and installed nothing but M$ MyPhone so I could get my contacts back. I can hardly believe that that would have something to do with it. There isn't any chance that we could have different Sprint ROMs is there? I got my phone about 2 weeks ago, when did you get yours?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
It's probably MS just being lazy. Did you see the that video where a guy took a winmo2003 and compared it to winmo6.5 and all the internal menus were nearly identical? Basically evidence of MS's laziness.
Haven't seen it but I don't doubt it ONE bit. M$'s menus are a joke. All those big brains over there and they push that crap out the door with a stamp of appoval? On what planet are these 2003 menu's OK? We've got HD, Web 2.0, so on and so on, that 2003 crap literally hurts my eyes!

Silly little things like changing settings in the buttons menu. We have so few to work with on the tp2, SOMEBODY is going to want some flexibility. Is providing a proper interface for changing buttons going to crash the OS?? I understand buttons like the back arrow are going to be contextual sometimes, 'ok' or 'minimize' or 'back'(opera), but come on.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
I hard reset and installed nothing but M$ MyPhone so I could get my contacts back. I can hardly believe that that would have something to do with it. There isn't any chance that we could have different Sprint ROMs is there? I got my phone about 2 weeks ago, when did you get yours?
I got mine a few days after Telesales started, so about 2 months now. Reminds me, I gotta send in the rebate crap in the next few days........
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2

hedfor is a n00b

Just chiming in..

Running Energy 21864 M2.5

Only have three buttons avaialable, but, even after disabling (choosing none) I still canont get Vito audio notes to Quick record by holding any one of these buttons down,

Frustrating...

Does anyone know which first build MS put out the had this buttons feature?

Anyone know how to completely disable it? There are many more powerful apps out there to map KB/buttons..this is kinda useless, and I think it may be messing with the quick record feature of Vito.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2