PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tp2 can not recognize contacts problem

my tp2 which is running sprint rom csn not recognize my contacts and label thier phone calls.text msgs and evgrything as unknow....furthermore it asks me if i need to save them to my contacts list. and thier number is already there.

please help

Last edited by Maan76; 11-03-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: tp2 can not recognize contacts problem

So your contacts are on the phone but the calls/texts come in as unknown #'s only? How did you back up your contacts? I'm not an expert but if the PIM.vol was not saved or saved incorrectly you will have that exact problem.

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

qwalls is just getting started

Also on Sprint and having the same problem. Contacts were transferred from Outlook. Even adding the number after the call doesn't work. I ended up installing PhonEx so I'd have working caller ID.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So is this a sprint thing then. Someone posted same issue a few above. My vzwTP2 is ok so far. Sorry tho, as this issue would really irritate the crap.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

srwsr is a n00b

I've been hoping that my 1st post would be a contribution and not a question, so here it is. I just got my phone a week ago, and was also having this problem. I populated my contacts with PIM Backup. None of my calls would show the contacts as seems to be everyone else's problem. I just went through all of my contacts using Outlook, and made sure that they were all entered in exactly the same format (###) ###-####. I then synced with Active Sync with the conflicts set to change item on device (phone). Now it seems to work.
I also tried dialing out, if you don't dial the 10 digit number the way that it is stored in the phone, it doesn't work. If anyone can take this and run with it, I sure would like to have the proper fix.

Sorry, but I am posting this in all of the threads that I see about this problem.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

qwalls is just getting started

I finally got tired of dealing with this...did a hard reset, restored contacts from Outlook, and it works fine now, so it must have been something I installed or a corrupt file or database somewhere.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2