PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Anyone went from TP2 to Hero or considering it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agameofyou View Post
A friend of mine was able to get the Hero w/out switching his plan. They originally added another line with the new plan but after much complaining and threatening to leave they let him keep it with his original plan. Obviously not the route for everyone but it can be done.

I have not heard of a Hero activating on a different plan other than Data plan's. I have activated many of these, Do not give false hope's. I have the Hero, But I also have the Tp2, and the Tp2 has better Internet browsing, The thing's you love on the Tp2 the Hero dont have, No Opera Mobile, No Skyfire, No Copreplayer, No Tcpmp, The Android market is loaded....With kid stuff. The phone is great, But the Android market needs improvement. It needs to open to the masses. But the Hero can easily beat the Tp2 if it had the proper software. Camera on the phone is unheard of...amazing.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

New to this, but couldn't you buy online as an upgrade. When you receive it, simply activate online with your current account? i did this wiht the rant when it first came out, when they said i had to have an everything plan. Just a suggestion.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

I wanted the Hero bad, tried everything to get sprint to replace my TP1 with a Hero. They did however give me a TP2, while it was on order I dreaded it because of all the problems I had with the TP1. It just seems like the open platform on the Hero will make it a great phone. My co-worker let me use his Hero for a day, I found it to be OK but not what I thought it was going to be. It was very laggy and I had trouble with the touch sceen. The keyboard works, but not as well as some others (I never use a slide out keyboard). The only thing I really liked was the top part of the sceen was dedicated to information no matter what sceen you were on, if a text came in while you were on the web it would scroll along the top.

Then my TP2 came in so I picked it up without much hope. Boy, was I surprised. They really made a mistake linking this phone to the TP1. It is nothing like my TP1, it actually works! I am a little bored bacause I don't spend my time trying to fix or change things! I even like the grey and orange-it's kind of industrial looking IMHO and it keeps you out of windows goofy software.

So my plan was to sell the TP2 and buy a Hero, I might still do that but not until they improve the Hero with eclaire or higher. It is just not business oriented enough for me right now.

Just my thoughts...
Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BethyM is just getting started

We are in the same boat as Propaganda. With our discount, both phones are $80/mth including the taxes. To change put us at 129.99 PLUS taxes. We both have WinMo phones as a result! The monthly increase is just not justified for us.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
New to this, but couldn't you buy online as an upgrade. When you receive it, simply activate online with your current account? i did this wiht the rant when it first came out, when they said i had to have an everything plan. Just a suggestion.
No it would tell you that you have to chat in to finish the chat and we have to tell you to change the plan.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You can always go for a Samsung Moment..it has a better processor and a keyboard..and from what I heard even sero can get it.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethyM View Post
We are in the same boat as Propaganda. With our discount, both phones are $80/mth including the taxes. To change put us at 129.99 PLUS taxes. We both have WinMo phones as a result! The monthly increase is just not justified for us.
Ya I finally gave in and just ordered my TP2 today. Can't wait.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2