PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fjgotgame24 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please tell me there is a fix for this...!!!

Ok...so my tp2 is verizon and I did the whole hardspl thing and somehow got the energyrom leo on my fone, and then wen i tried to update to the new sense 2.1 extreme rom, i dont know wat happened. It said to use this custom ruu thing which i clicked on, and wen it updated my fone, my fone does absolutely nothing now cept loading the start screen where it says Touch pro2
I new something was wrong becus at no point was the .nbh that i extracted used, but no ruu came with the file that i downloaded...sighhh so is my fone dead or wat? I tried hard resetting, and although i am able to get to the hard reset page, wen i actually do it, it still just freezes where touch pro2 screen comes out
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Please tell me there is a fix for this...!!!

put the nbh with the ROMUPDATEUTILITY, then put it in bootloader again, (vol down and power while off) then connect usb to pc, run the romupdateutility, follow the steps in the ruu and try again......

also make sure the nbh is comlete meaning over 100mb. i was reading people only downloading part of one or 2 earlier.......
Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your definantly not bricked, just gotta un fix the mess....
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
put the nbh with the ROMUPDATEUTILITY, then put it in bootloader again, (vol down and power while off) then connect usb to pc, run the romupdateutility, follow the steps in the ruu and try again......

also make sure the nbh is comlete meaning over 100mb. i was reading people only downloading part of one or 2 earlier.......
Which romupdate utility do i use...the hard spl one? or the custom ruu 1.1 i dled?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjgotgame24 View Post
Which romupdate utility do i use...the hard spl one? or the custom ruu 1.1 i dled?
where did you get this ruu and rom you speak of. sounds like gsm to me. just want to make sure you're flashing compatible stuff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
where did you get this ruu and rom you speak of. sounds like gsm to me. just want to make sure you're flashing compatible stuff.
too be completely honest i dont know what im doing exactly either...i mean i thought i did but im just confused rite now... OKK, so check me out

I just updated my phone with the stock rom vzw from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940...do i need to hardspl it again?

Now i would like to upload this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=575747...but exactly how do i do it? wen u d/l the actual file, all i get is a .nbh, but i dont know how to run that .nbh..sorry for being noob and annoying
Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

take battery cover off, press and hold down vol button and poke in the reset hole , that should take you to the tri color (bootloader) screen.
Now download any of the rom from the appropriate section of the website and flash it.

Last edited by a1jatt; 11-03-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:44 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
too be completely honest i dont know what im doing exactly either...i mean i thought i did but im just confused rite now... OKK, so check me out

I just updated my phone with the stock rom vzw from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940...do i need to hardspl it again?

Now i would like to upload this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=575747...but exactly how do i do it? wen u d/l the actual file, all i get is a .nbh, but i dont know how to run that .nbh..sorry for being noob and annoying
just what i thought. thats a gsm rom. will not work on your phone. get roms for your phone here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98
you don't have to hspl again
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
just what i thought. thats a gsm rom. will not work on your phone. get roms for your phone here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98
you don't have to hspl again
i see...damn gotta be more careful, thanks for the help though I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! man i was on ebay contemplating if i should get a new fone n stuff, i was so maddd loll but u saved my day thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
i see...damn gotta be more careful, thanks for the help though I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! man i was on ebay contemplating if i should get a new fone n stuff, i was so maddd loll but u saved my day thanks!
you're welcome. anytime

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2