PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

kaossyphany is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I find this funny (Observation about phone accessories)

Although my first wave of smart phones came with virtually nothing my 6700 came with a myriad of accessories. Dock with charging for two batteries, really nice case which I still use for my camera, two batteries, memory card, headset, etc. My mogul came with most of these minus the desktop charger, only one battery buit again a nice case which I reused when I had a TP2. The Touch Pro comes with a less desirable velcro case, not much of a step down but a step down in terms of accessories none the less. I also have pleasure of owning a Treo Pro and while the gsm versions are supposed to come with a pair of headphones the sprint version comes within nothing more than the charger. Now get to the TP2 this also came with noting more than a charger. The lack of accessories that come with a $350 phone (sprint) kind of bothered me until tonight. Tonight I just have to laugh at the way things are being cut on the high end. Today I purchased a $15 tracfone as a temporary place to port a number. This $15 phone came with a leather case that has a magnetic snap and a very nice lining. A pair of headphones with mic, a wall mini usb charger and a car mini usb charger. The case fits my girlfriends bb pearl perfectly and who can't use a couple extra chargers. Seriously is anyone else bummed by the lack of traditional accessories and why is it that a $15 phone comes with all of this?

If by some miracle I actual help you, please don't forget to thank me!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: I find this funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaossyphany View Post
Although my first wave of smart phones came with virtually nothing my 6700 came with a myriad of accessories. Dock with charging for two batteries, really nice case which I still use for my camera, two batteries, memory card, headset, etc. My mogul came with most of these minus the desktop charger, only one battery buit again a nice case which I reused when I had a TP2. The Touch Pro comes with a less desirable velcro case, not much of a step down but a step down in terms of accessories none the less. I also have pleasure of owning a Treo Pro and while the gsm versions are supposed to come with a pair of headphones the sprint version comes within nothing more than the charger. Now get to the TP2 this also came with noting more than a charger. The lack of accessories that come with a $350 phone (sprint) kind of bothered me until tonight. Tonight I just have to laugh at the way things are being cut on the high end. Today I purchased a $15 tracfone as a temporary place to port a number. This $15 phone came with a leather case that has a magnetic snap and a very nice lining. A pair of headphones with mic, a wall mini usb charger and a car mini usb charger. The case fits my girlfriends bb pearl perfectly and who can't use a couple extra chargers. Seriously is anyone else bummed by the lack of traditional accessories and why is it that a $15 phone comes with all of this?
I think one reason that they do not include those accessories is because they are losing money and people don't use half the accessories. I can't even count how data cables i have lying around. Also the headphones that came with the tp1 i never used, now we have tp2 with 3.5mm i for sure wouldve just thrown the headsets away and use my Bose headsets i have lying here. Also what would i do with a 1gb or 2gb memory card when i have my 16gb here chillin. All of the accessories that you are asking for half or more of the customers will not use them. The only thing i might have used wouldve been a leather case.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

the3rd is just getting started
Re: I find this funny (Observation about phone accessories)

I think it's because the fastest way to make your expensive phone seem cheap is to fill the package with accessories that break after a month. They can't fill with expensive accessories because of the drop of dollars worth and fact most of the electronics are made in countries which currency is worth a lot more compared to dollar than what they used to be but the device still has to be around the same price in dollar terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaossyphany View Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

yachtspecco is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

There are good reasons for not including a case after the pathetic velcro case included with the touch pro. It failed miserably for me and many others who post on this site tried to get Sprint to replace their phones after having the case allow the phone to fall on the pavement. The magnetic closure is mandatory for a secure case yet too powerful a magnet can cause problems with the phone. I do miss all the extras though.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: I find this funny (Observation about phone accessories)

One other thing to remember also is as the th3rd stated the phone has to remain around the same price. All the stuff people want in a phone will increase the price so they have to make up for it somewhere. People wanted bigger screens, its not going to cost the company the same amount of $ and they give us a bigger more responsive screen and a new speaker phone feature. Now people want capacitive screens, all this costs the company more $ so they have to recoup by getting rid of something, in our case it happens to be the cheap accessories.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2